Old Flames

"And for some reason, I thought you would have at least made it to taking your bra off before passing out for a bit."

"All I remember is coming up here to get changed... How long ago was that?"

"Only about an hour or two."

I don't want to move but laying on my back hurts more than when I was on my stomach. And I am sure that it will be a bit easier to push myself up than to sit up. I roll over onto my stomach again and stop, debating on how badly I need to get up. I'm not hungry, knowing Charlie she made me eat before letting me come up here to try to get changed.

I don't need to go to the bathroom and it is maybe six or seven at night. Meaning I am off of work and not needed unless I get a call. So I could just stay here. I can't shower either with some of the stitches. I normally don't get them healed unless they are bad, like some of the cuts I had, or if I know that I will do something that will pop them.

Charlie sits down on the bed next to me, "You could just lay there and I am sure I could use a spell to at least help some of your sore muscles," she lightly traces a random pattern on my lower back.

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably go insane."

She carefully works on getting any knots out of my muscles before just gently running her hand over my skin. I wince at first but after a while it is nice. I am going to be covered in bruises by tomorrow but I am sure that it won't be that bad. If it is I always have spells to take care of them. Charlie leans over and kisses my shoulder before pulling back.

"Why don't you get in bed a bit more and go to sleep."

"Without you? Never."

She lets out a small laugh before getting up to get ready for bed while I get up and finish getting changed. That consists of only taking my bra off and throwing on an oversized shirt. It is too much work to put pants or shorts on and I am tired. Despite my hour or so nap I had. I get in our bed and lay there, waiting for Charlie to get in next to me. When she does I turn onto my side and wrap my arms and legs around her after pulling her closer to me.

She wraps an arm around me and plays with my hair, "Cam."

"Hmm?"

"Promise you'll always come back after a fight?"

"I already did."

"I know... But I just want to hear it one more time."

I nuzzle my face closer to her neck, "I promise that I'll always come back after a fight... Come hell or high water, nothing will stop me from doing that."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Bubbles."

I end up falling asleep and manage to wake up when Charlie starts to get out of bed. I slowly get up and get dressed. I am sore but it could be worse. I make sure I have everything before taking Charlie to the cafe, getting some cookies for Tanya with our order of coffee, a couple of pending orders added on after we go with some muffins. I drive us to the hospital and Charlie gets out, looking back at me with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be back here sometime today."

"I was going to say have a good day and that I love you but I guess that works too."

I give her a small smile and she shuts the door. I head to the Hunter Station. I manage to get in the room without anyone stopping me. Well, kind of. Let's face it after what happened in the hospital everyone has something to say today. It was a hell of a night last night and everyone has something to say about it. Between the monsters and the fact that I used something that points to who my parents are there is a lot to talk about.