That Was Way Too Close

"So who placed the hotspot?"

I sit back in the chair, "Undoubtedly Azriel... He had Jack helping him get information and we know that based off of the information we got from his house it wasn't something Jack agreed to willingly."

"But there are no transfers, no one who is ill, or really close to him here. He just came from the station in Alleur."

"So no one to really threaten."

"And there is no sign of a spell taking place."

"Maybe I can help."

I look at the door and see Steve standing there, "Let's hear what you got."

Steve tells us what he had found out but it doesn't help much. Most of it we have already known. The change was sudden, no one knew what happened, it is like he just woke up and lost his mind. This has never happened before with him and no one has seen anything strange lately. So we basically have nothing new.

I put my face in my hands before rubbing it, "So maybe we have a clue and just haven't spotted it yet."

"Are you alright Cam? You look exhausted."

"I'm fine, just exhausted... It was a long night last night between looking around Jack's house and the hotspot."

"You've had over four cups of coffee with a shot of energy, you shouldn't be this tired still."

I look at William, "I said I am fine... So what do we want to look at?"

Steve gets up, "You go home and I'll stay with William to bounce some ideas off of him."

"But-"

William smiles at me, "I got it. Go home and get some rest."

I get up after a moment and head home. I get there and go into our bedroom. I fall onto our bed with a sigh and somehow manage to fall asleep before I can do anything. Only waking up when the handle on one of my knives digs into my side. I get up and groggily put all the weapons away.

I don't really bother changing and just get back into bed, falling back to sleep in a matter of seconds. When I wake up my phone is ringing. I reach over to grab it, answering it. I don't understand a single word that is being said and sit up, trying to see if that will help a bit. For the moment all it does is make me feel sick.

"Repeat that one more time."

"I've repeated myself six times already."

I close my eyes, "I know... I'm just tired so you might have better luck calling William."

"How many times did you walk through that thing?"

"I don't know... Maybe seven times."

"How are you still awake?"

"You woke me up."

"Sorry kid, I'll call William then."

"Bye."

I hang up and fall back onto our bed, curling up in a ball before going back to sleep again. When I wake up again it is a bit darker outside and I hear a door shut. Charlie is home and she didn't wake me up. The fact I didn't wake up when she came in is strange. I feel horrible.

The door opens and Charlie comes in, looking at me, "Hey sleepy head."

"Why didn't you come curl up with me?"

"Because I didn't want to wake you up and I thought that I would get something done."

I get out of bed and go over to her, wrapping my arms around her and looking up at her, "Rude."