Just A Little

So far they haven't started arguing and are seeming to be enjoying dinner. I take a sip of my drink, Charlie knows how to make some things go a bit smoother, popping a bottle hasn't done too bad. I guess that is one thing I am happy about, something got them to not start fighting. I put my cup down and Charlie moves a bit closer to me. I smile a little and look at her when she puts her chin on my shoulder.

"Seems to be going fine."

"Thanks to you... Too bad we were interrupted earlier."

"I am sure you can't complain too much about that... I know your mom has a way of getting in when the doors are locked and she knows we are here."

"If you two can stop planning the rest of the night with us sitting right here-"

"Mom," I look at her.

She smiles at me, "I came over to have dinner with you and since your father is here I am sure that he won't mind getting to learn about what he missed out on. Especially all of your firsts."

That was the worst idea ever. It wasn't that bad at first but my mom had just so happened to pick up where he had stopped seeing me, not leaving anything out. And when I say that I mean nothing. No matter how much I really wished she would share that.

My mom has a habit of doing this sometimes. Usually, it isn't that hard to stop her but since we are trying to catch my dad up on everything he has missed in my life... It is harder than I want it to be. If it keeps going I am going to find a hole and curl up in it to die. No one wants another family member to know everything about them.

"I got home to find the boys gone, staying at their friends and Camilla-"

"Mom!"

She looks at me, "at least the boys weren't home."

I look away and cross my arms over my chest, "Reason why I created that spell," I mutter to myself.

"What?"

I look back at my mom, "I was just telling Charlie that I should have picked up something for dessert."

My mom gets up, "I have to be leaving anyway... I am sure you two have things to do."

Charlie puts her hand on my thigh under the table and I know that my face is probably bright red when she lets it go up a little higher. I clear my throat, "You don't need a ride do you?"

"No, I had used a spell to get here."

My dad gets up and looks at my mom, "Maybe I can take you home... We do need to talk."

Before I can say anything they vanish and I scout the chair back so I can get up. I don't get the chance to get up before Charlie sits on my lap and puts her arms around the back of my neck. A huge smile on her face as she stares at me. I put my arms around her waist, I know better than to try and get up.

"You are always so cute when you're flustered."

"I-" She leans closer to me, whispering to me and I shift in the chair, "B-but-"

I don't get the chance to tell her why we can't do that before we are in our room. Charlie doing exactly what she had told me. Thank god for some of the spells I have found or created over the years. To say that it was a long and loud night would have been an understatement. I mean, it was all very nice but still had me worried to a point.

I wake up laying on my stomach and Charlie comes out of the bathroom, "Hey sleepy head."

I move a bit before stopping and looking up at her, rubbing my collarbone a bit, "You just had to, didn't you."