Down Hill

I put my hand on its face and try something that I haven't really had the chance to do. At least meaning to do it. From all the times I have done it before have been by pure accident. I close my eyes at the bright golden light and it exploded. Covering me in blood, guts, and scraps of what it was wearing. I fall to the ground, coughing as I try to breathe in air.

Ben quickly comes over, "Slow breaths."

After getting up and calming down a bit I look at Ben, "Spell, the spell-"

"I know, I heard it... It could have been for any of us."

"William-"

"I'll tell Leyla to watch him."

Glad he can make out what the hell I am saying. It hurts to talk, really do anything that involves my throat. Ben wanted to heal me just to make sure there wasn't anything to worry about but I told him I was fine and to make sure that William was alright. Mostly because I just didn't want anyone to touch me for a little bit. I am glad that worked out, Kristel couldn't make it here, the whole area is Angel proof, Demon proof-some have gotten Guardian Demons, and god proof.

Ben comes over to me after a moment, "Cam... You sure you're alright?"

"Yeah..." I watch Sam getting over to us, glad he could get here after Leyla called, "I'm going to go home... And shower."

Ben nods his head, "Alright."

I walk past Sam, not bothering to say anything. I get in my car and go home. I don't know how I did it but I managed to get none of the blood and whatever else is on me anywhere in my car. When I get home I go through the door, taking my shoes and jacket off, and putting them in the basket we have next to the door for this very reason.

"You're home-" Charlie stops when she sees me, "Cam."

I just walk past her and go to our room to get something to change into before getting in the shower. It takes a while but I finally manage to get all the blood and guts out of my hair and now all I have to do is make sure that I don't smell like it. I hear the shower door open before it closes and Charlie wraps her arms around me, putting her face against the side of my neck.

"Your-"

"I can always change. I wanted to give you a hug and say that I love you... And that dinner will be waiting downstairs."

I lean my head back against her, "I love you too."

She kisses the side of my head before letting me go and getting out. I finish my shower before getting out and getting dressed. Putting my hair in a braid and walking to the kitchen. I stop when I see Charlie sitting on the couch in the living room. I walk in and sit down, Charlie getting up and going into the kitchen. I go to get up but she comes in and hands me a plate. We sit there in silence as we eat. God, it hurts, everything hurts though.

"Will you let me heal you."

"It-"

She is sitting on my lap moving my head to look at my neck, "You don't know and it is clearly bothering you... Please."

I agree to it, making her a little happy. It doesn't take long before the warm tingling feeling spreads across my neck and when she is done she wraps her arms and legs around me, burying her face in the side of my neck. I think I would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that a Mistbody was told to kill me if it comes across me. I know there will be things that I can't defeat but knowing that I couldn't really defeat the stupid thing without using something I have never really used before is kind of terrifying.

"If I asked if you are okay would you tell me the truth?"

"Maybe."

"Want to talk about it?"