Catching Up

He smiles at me, "Look at you, all grown up."

I get up, debating on if I should hug him or not. I want to hug him but is it a hug kind of moment or a shake of the hand one? It has been years since he died and now with him here I don't know what to do. I mean, I knew he was part Angel but I didn't know he was the descendant of Ian. He never got his wings before he died. I should have looked into it more.

I wrap my arms around him after a moment. I have missed him. He was there for most of my life and then the last hunt he went on... I used to dream of this happening, I should have known that he would have become an Angel, a Guardian Angel. He never would have gone with living in the afterlife over protecting someone.

He pulls away, holding my hands in his, "You are so beautiful and a Hunter... What happened to being a doctor?"

I smile a bit, "Didn't stick."

He looks down at my hand, "Take my rings? Good, I always hoped your mother would give them to you or your brothers if you became Hunters... And who is the lovely person?"

I look at him, "You should know her from the others talking... Why did you never come by?"

"I've been stuck here and I couldn't... You know how it is, we can't see family unless we get permission or are somehow assigned to watch over them."

I glance at his arm, "And you are hurt."

"Just a scratch."

"Jump in to save Mirabelle?"

"Maybe."

"Then you know that they don't heal on their own with that weapon."

I make him sit down and get what I need to take care of the cut. It isn't that bad but left untreated any longer and it would get bad. It doesn't take long for them to, it's more concerning when they lose a wing compared to this. Within about five days of losing their wings from the injury, if they haven't died from blood loss that is, then they die from the poison that usually coats the blade of the sword. It isn't the best but you can tell how long they have sometimes, it makes them look like they are glass that is cracking so depending on how bad it is depends on when they will die.

"How are the boys?"

"They are fine... Skyler graduated with a degree in psychology and is getting closer to becoming a therapist, Bruce is still getting as many degrees as he can and will hopefully get engaged to Parker soon, and Cyrus is huge and like a teddy bear and working as a lawyer," I look up at him, "William is a Hunter too."

He smiles a bit, "I have missed you guys so much... I was going to visit last month but... Well, I guess you know where I ended up. So what about this Charlie girl?"

I smile, "You would like her."

I tell him about Charlie before sitting down on the ground, both of us talking about everything that has happened. Catching up on all the time we have missed. Both of us are laughing every now and then. However, when he doesn't say anything and looks down at his hands it has me worried. What is he not sharing? Like some gods, Angels normally know the future for everyone, especially those they are assigned to. Occasionally, they get told that they have one to protect that isn't born yet.

"Cami... What you and Charlie are trying to do."

I look down at my hands, "Yeah, I know it is hard."

"I am-"

"Kane."

"Kristel, I should have known you'd come to stop me."

"That is almost a year from now, you know we can't share what we know."

I smile a bit, "And now to go about like I have no clue that he will be the Guardian Angel for one of my children."