An Angel With a Shotgun, Really?

We get back to the station and I try to call his parents. It takes a while to get someone to answer but then they hang up, saying that they don't want to talk. I try to reason with them that I am trying to help out but they don't listen. Hanging up after I say my name and that I am with the Hunters. Some families don't want anything to do with their children if they join and others expect it from them and when something like this happens to their child they refuse to believe it was their child.

I look at my watch and get up, "Well... I guess everything can wait until tomorrow."

William looks at me, "Good luck."

I smile a little, "I haven't had the chance to ask how your date went."

"You should go, get to the cafe to pick whatever up and get home sooner. Traffic is a bitch at this time."

I walk out the door, "Okay, we'll talk about it tomorrow."

I get in my car and go to get the oatmeal fudge bars. I stop at the store to pick up a couple of things for dinner before going home and putting everything in the kitchen. I put everything away for a moment and go upstairs. Charlie got here before me, something is wrong.

I open the door and find her laying on our bed, "Hey... When did you get home?"

"At three."

I go over to her and sit on our bed, her eyes are puffy and her face is red, "What's wrong?"

"It's been a long day."

I rub her back a bit, "Want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Okay... I got you something but you'll have to come downstairs for it."

"You are making me get out of bed?"

I smile a little and kiss her temple, "Yes."

I get up and walk out of the room, going back to the kitchen, and getting dinner started as I wait for her to come down to see what I got her. It takes her a little longer than I thought it would but when she finally does get to the kitchen I lean against the counter and slide her the box. She opens it and starts to cry. I stop and stare at her.

Like we are talking full-on crying. Sobbing, hysterically. It takes me a moment but I snap out of it and go over to her, putting her face in my hands as I try to get her to stop. I wipe away the tears as I try to understand what she is saying in between sobs. And at the moment, I can't understand a single word.

"Charlie... Take a breath." It takes a moment but she finally calms down. I wipe her cheeks and look at her with a small smile, "You are going to sit down, I'll get you some water, and we are going to talk."

She nods her head and I wait for her to sit down before getting her some water. I slide it over to her and use a spell so dinner is still getting done while I give Charlie my full attention. This isn't normal, nothing about that was normal. I hate it when she is sad so I am going to find out what in the world is going on so I can fix it and hopefully make her a bit happier.

She looks at me and starts to play with the cup, looking anywhere but at me, "So... I did something that I should have told you about sooner."

I raise an eyebrow, "And what was that?"

"I just didn't know how to tell you and it was moving a little bit too fast. And then you started work again sooner than we were thinking and then-"

"Charlie, calm down."

She looks at me, "They did it today after I called and I was going to have you come but you were in the middle of fighting and-"

I walk back over so I am behind her, waiting for her to turn around to look at me before I wrap my arms around her and kiss her nose, "I don't know why you are upset, I'm not mad at you. I wish you said something earlier so I would have known but that only because I am sure you were a nervous wreck."