Just a Run

We get to the cabin and make sure that everything is ready for the night. We are going to be here for a week and it is going to be hard to get away for a few, I have to go see Sam in a few to go over everything and I know that it will be a pain to get out without Charlie noticing. I could tell her that I forgot something at the house but she would tell me that it could wait. I should have just said we could try to do this tomorrow night.

"Cam, did you grab the blue-"

"I knew I forgot something."

Charlie comes over and looks at me, "How badly do I need that bag?"

I smile a bit and wrap my arms around her waist, "Depends on what you have in the bag."

She just smiles a bit, "Could always use a spell."

"You can't do that, remember... No spells for the night."

"True... Maybe we can get it tomorrow."

I kiss Charlie and pull her closer to me even though we are as close as we are going to get. Maybe I can be a little late to the meeting with Sam. He would understand that I won't leave if I think Charlie will get suspicious about it. She wants to know but she knows that I would tell her if I knew that it was safe for her to know.

"Why don't you go get the last bag we didn't forget at the house."

I pull away and smile at her, "Alright, be back."

I get out to the car and grab the last bag. I shut the trunk and look around, it is peaceful tonight. To make sure we had a peaceful honeymoon I had made sure to come here. It is almost always peaceful here and nothing really happens. The main reason why I picked here compared to all the other places. Plus, we need at least one happy week here.

I walk in and look down at my phone as I set the bag down by the others we have yet to put away. I look at the message. I technically don't have phone service but that doesn't mean that I can't get messages. A spell here and there, connect it to the phone that is usually here that actually works, and boom. I can get messages. Sam said he ran out to get something and for me to take my time getting to the station because he is going to be out for a while.

"Cam, come here."

"Coming," I keep looking at the messages on my phone as I go up the stairs, I lean against our doorway, not looking up, "Did we forget something else?"

"No, I wanted to show you something."

"Like what-" I look up at her and almost drop my phone. "Oh um..."

"Are you speechless?"

"No... Shocked. I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't this."

She gets up from the bed. She is wearing one of the few white silk button up blouses I still have. I am pretty sure that it is the one that I left here from last time. I don't care though, because she is standing there with it unbuttoned and black lace bralette with matching underwear. God she looks amazing.

She comes over and grabs my jacket, pulling me into our room, "Oh really?"

I let my eyes wander and bite my lip, "Yeah."

She pushes me against the back of the door after it shuts and kisses me. I have a feeling that I am going to be at the small meeting late. Later than I had thought I would be. We got distracted and I have been waiting for Charlie to fall asleep after that. I slowly move her arm before sitting up and looking back at her. What are the chances that she wakes up before I make it too far? I'm going to go with fairly slim at the moment.

I get up and grab my clothes off of the floor before getting dressed and going outside. I get to the small dirt road not that far from the cabin and pull out the glass marble before putting it on the ground and stepping on it. I appear in Sam's office and look around. How is it that I still managed to get here before he did?

Oh well, I guess I will just make myself comfortable and wait for him to get here. I am sure he just went to grab something, thinking that I wouldn't be here this soon. It isn't that late, after the wedding, we went to the house to change and make sure we had everything before driving to the portal and managing to get through it sooner than I thought. Well clearly we didn't have everything. We then got distracted and it is only maybe nine, ten at the latest. Time is different here compared to Lahone.

I lean back in Sam's chair and wait for him to come in. When he finally does he stops and looks at me. The files in his hand telling me that he found something else. I knew we still had quite a bit of information to gather and I knew that Sam would find something but it is different to see that he did. This is something that we can't put away. Not after everything that happened.

"I assume you want to stay in?"

"What can I say? They killed him and if he was right, then we are all in trouble."

"This gets out before we can fix the problem then we are all ruins."

"And if that happens then everything is going back to how it used to be and a lot of people are going to be killed... Innocent people and creatures alike."

"Does Charlie know?"

I frown a little, "No... It's safer if she doesn't and she knows that."

"How are you going to explain the late nights?"

"It will be harder while we are on our honeymoon but it is manageable. Who else will be helping?"

Sam puts the files on his desk after shutting the door, "Don't know... If Jack is right there aren't many we can call on to help."

I glance at the name on the top file, "Never thought I would be looking at that..."

Grosvenor steps out of the shadows, "Neither did I."

There sits the name of someone I know my mother had always warned me about, " It feels wrong to be doing this."

Sam lets out a sigh, "Yup."

I look at the name one more time. Well, at least I will finally get to know more about Dierdre. It may involve looking into my parents and brothers but at least it will work. I look up when Sam puts another file down. Being completely shocked by the name on that one. He said he was only grabbing ones that he thinks are connected to the problem, I wasn't expecting their name.

"We weren't able to clear him and something is definitely different about him, Ben and Leyla have made it clear and we know that he was there that day with the Mistbody."

Grosvenor comes over, "I am sure we can all agree that this stays between the three of us."

I look at Grosvenor, "Are you sure you want to come back?"

"I never really left... And you are going to need all the help you can get to deal with this quietly, especially if you plan on going after the rats in the Council."

I look back at the file and grab it, "Oh William, what have you gotten yourself into now?"

We all knew that it had to have been him that the spell was placed on but we were hoping that we were wrong. I guess now we know we aren't. How we will manage to keep the lid on this is beyond me. Opening Pandora's box without others knowing is hard. Especially when that box is the Council. I should think of another metaphor to use since the box does exist. However, for what we are about to get into, it fits better than any other phrases I know. We don't know what is in it but it won't be good.

I hear the door open and we all look at it to watch Ben and Leyla come in, "We want in, you three are going to need as much help as you can get."