Spoke Too Soon

That is how the next couple of weeks are. Literally, getting no closer to finding Jack, so to speak. I know where he is but I don't want anyone to really know that right now. It means that I can't prove to Sean that we are getting closer to finding Jack but I still get to show that without me they wouldn't have gotten more information. I have also managed to make it to ten days before our wedding and not get hurt. Mostly because of the jacket but still. I have taken it off at times and still have not gotten hurt.

I'm doing good if you ask me. I look at the house we are standing in front of. I look at Sam with a raised eyebrow. He can't be serious about going into this place. The person is dead set on us not getting to them and I don't want to go in. All the energy radiating from the person inside is enough to make my hairs stand on end. We also have the whole block evacuated because I said so. I wanted more but you can only do so much when you tell the police to stay back.

"I get hurt, you can tell Charlie."

"Keep that jacket on and I'm sure we will be fine."

I look back at the house with a frown, "I have a feeling the spell she used isn't strong enough to survive if this person decides to break it."

"You could always stay out here."

"Pfft, and let you go into a possible death trap?"

"I can sense it too."

"Not all of it."

"That is why we love having demigods or people who come from powerful parents."

I go to step onto the walkway leading up to the door but stop, "Oh yeah, Charlie is going to kill me."

"Good luck."

I walk past the hedges and I know that all the Hunters following me can feel it too. Any spells we have to help keep us safe are gone. Damn, I should have just told them to stay back and let me go in alone. Or do this all from a distance but that hasn't been done for years because you know, laws. Here to make sure people are safe to help us out but making things more difficult at times. I don't mind though, gives me a chance to talk to the person down from the trouble they are going to get into if they don't step back.

I pull out my gun in one fluid movement as I get to the door and knock, "Mrs. Skeeks, open up and just come out to talk and we don't have to do any of this."

I don't hear anything and look at the Hunters waiting for my signal. I signal for them to wait just a moment, I really want to avoid a fight. The power and energy radiating from here is enough to make me scared of what could happen. I reach in my pocket and grab the blue transparent leaf, crushing it in my hands, and blowing it at the door. I quickly move to the side when a snake comes lunging at my head. Alright, I tried to be nice.

I nod at the others and they start to move and I kick the door down. I get in and Ben isn't too far behind me. I look around and we make our way over to the only place she can be in here at. I quickly pull Ben back before he can step on the rug, whispering to him about the symbol that is probably under the rug. I look up when the door slowly opens. I hate this. I move out of the way just as she comes out.

I turn around and we both do a spell at the same time. She collapses on the floor and I just stand there. Any Hunter that was in here when she did the spell is staring at me. That is before their eyes slowly go to whatever is above my head. I don't want to look. I do it anyway and the little storm cloud waiting there starts to downpour on me, and only me.

"Cam-"

"I'll be outside... Where there aren't that many things that can't hurt me."

I make it outside without getting hurt and everyone is staying at least six feet away from me. It isn't contagious, just kind. They have weapons that could go off with the extra bad luck and let's face it, I could do something and end up hurting them too. I mean, I'm pretty clumsy before this but it is going to be much worse. Dear Lord save me.