Not Everyone Trying to Kill Me is Rude

I can feel my phone going off in my pocket but I know better than to take my attention off of Cory, "Because damn it, I am not in the mood for this stupid shit!"

He stops for a moment, lowering my gun slightly, "Are you alright?"

I lower my gun and pull my phone out and look at Charlie's name, "No! Now you are going to be quiet and allow me to answer this call from Charlie or so help me you are going to really wish you just stayed in prison!"

I answer the phone as I glare at him and wait for Charlie to say something, "Hey."

I smile a little, "Hey... Feeling any better?"

"No."

"Well then, in that case, let me try that again. Hello, my beautiful, amazing, and sexy fiancée... The love of my life. Shall I compare thee to a summer day?"

I hear her laugh a little, "Hello Cam."

Cory lowers the gun and just stands there, glad we could come to an agreement, "So... Am I cooking dinner or you?"

"I don't know... I guess whoever gets home first."

I nod my head slowly, "Sounds fair enough."

"You are in the middle of a fight aren't you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Call it a gut feeling."

I smile a little, "I can never keep anything from you can I?"

"Nope."

"I guess I'll talk to you later."

"Yup, kick their ass."

"Will do love. Love you."

I wait for her to say goodbye, allowing her to hang up. I look at Cory and he raises the gun up as I put my phone back in my pocket. I don't like fighting other people, but I do enjoy it when the person is kind enough to wait for me to get off of a call with Charlie before going to do anything. I guess Cory has softened up just a little bit in prison.

"So you are Charlie, are you two finally getting married?"

"Yup."

"Now I feel a bit bad for looking at killing you today."

"Well, thanks for at least letting me talk to her."

"No problem... Seems like she needed it."

This is weird. Cory did know Charlie a bit. The one time we took him in he got hurt and we stopped at the hospital. The one Charlie was working at and she happened to be the nurse that was helping out with him. It is always interesting to know who knows who in this town. It isn't that small but almost everyone knows everyone. Who they are, what they do, and sometimes where they are.

"So... Want to put the gun down?"

I watch him think about it for a moment before moving to the side as he pulls the trigger, "I mean, I can't really leave without hurting you just a little bit."

I keep moving as I try to use spells so I don't have to shoot him or get too close to him. Really don't want to fill out papers for shooting him and if I get too close I am sure the one who is going to get hurt is me. I frown when the spells I do seem to do absolutely nothing.

"I should have known that you would have gone to see Ellen before coming to get me."

"You know her?"

I duck behind the dumpster and grab another magazine, "Sadly I dated her."

"Really? What's her type."