Hunting the Hunter

I walk into the coffee shop and get in line. When I get to the front, Corbin looks up at me. He narrows his eyes at me for a moment when he sees the huge smile on my face. Normally I'm not smiling like this in the morning before having some form of caffeine. I know he can read my mind, I am sure he will. All I have to do is nod and he does. He likes to get permission first, he can control it for the most part.

He smiles a bit, "Well, let's see it. I have only seen it in the box."

I move off to the side after he says my order to the person behind him and hand him the money for my order, along with the ten pending orders, before showing him the ring. He hands me the change and I put it in the tip jar. He grabs out a bag and puts two cinnamon sugar muffins in the bag.

"Glad to know that you knew."

He hands me the bag and my cup of coffee with a huge smile on his face, "Honey, I knew something was up because I think this is the happiest I have seen you coming in here this early in a long time."

"Thanks, Corbin," I start walking to the door.

"No problem Camilla, I better get an invite!"

I smirk a little before getting in my car and going into the station. I get there and go back to the room, taking my muffin out before putting the bag down on the table in front of William. He looks at it for a moment before getting it and pulling out the muffin with a smile. We both eat them as we look at the board. I am sure Sam will be here soon with the photos.

I am leaning against the table with my arms crossed. Staring at everything. I know that I thought of something else when I was looking at it last night but I want to see what else I can find. I also want to try and make sure that I just wasn't going crazy with all the blood pooling in my head from being upside down for so long. I run my hand through my hair to get it out of my face.

"That is new."

I look over at William, "What?"

He has a small smile on his face, "The ring... She finally asked?"

"Who finally asked what? Got the picture for you, Cam." I turn around and take the file he is holding out and he stops for a moment, "That is new."

I look up to find both William and Sam looking at my hand, "Yeah... Charlie proposed to me last night."

I watch Sam hold out his hand, "Boy am I glad I came in."

William lets out a sigh and pulls out his wallet, "I should have known better."

I frown a bit, "Did you two really make a bet on who was going to propose?"

"Yup," William hands the fifty over to Sam.

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not."

"I would take it as a compliment," Sam says as he walks to the door.

I look down at the file, "What else have you guys made bets on with Charlie and me?"

"You don't want to know that... I don't think I can remember them all anyway."

I glance up at William, "That's nice."

"You aren't mad?"

"Not really... I just wish I knew. I might have been able to help out a bit."

William laughs a bit before looking at the file in my hands, "So what did you want the photo for?"

I push off of the table and go over to the board. I put the picture up before circling a spot on Azriel's forearm. I write to the side what I circled before connecting the dots a bit more. I am right and I don't like it. Not at all. Things just got a lot harder for us now.