PROLOGUE

Hngh..

I felt a warm and soft hand slowly shaking me to wake up.

My eyes fluttered open and was greeted by a yellowish orbs that seems to represent the sun, it's so gentle.

"Hey, are you okay?" The language she speaks isn't familiar, I can't understand a thing she just said. I gave her a confused look and she copied mine.

She looked at her small friend that floats next to her with a confused and worriee expression, "Paimon thinks she's a bit confused..Let's help her up, Lumine."

Still not understanding, what she just said, I dared not move a muscle on my body in fear she might hurt me.

"Hey uhm, can you move?" It' may seem rude to not respond but I can't understand what she just said so I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Uhh, Lumine? Paimon thinks she's mute.. Or just rude in general."

Not wanting to be rude, I decided to speak even though they won't understand it..

"I'm so sorry.."

The blonde girl's eyes widen as she stared at me, does she know what I just said? I'm speaking a language different from hers.

"Oh! She speaks the language different from ours! No wonder! Paimon's sorry!"

I sat up and looked down, fidgeting, the girl seems to know what I just said.

"That's fine.."

A cough escaped my lips from shock as I whipped my head to her direction with eyes widen, she just gave me a smile and the white haired looking fairy just stared at her confused.

As if she saw a ghost, the small floating thing squeakred out a sentence, "You can speak the same language as hers!?"

"Paimon, you've heard me speak this before just 2 months ago, don't be so surprised." The blonde girl laughed. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks as I felt like I heard an angel laugh.

She turned to face me and help me get up, only then did I notice she's taller than me despite being petite. "You're quite small.." I hear her mutter in the language I could understand.

My cheeks can't go any hotter as I looked away, "My height doesn't concern me nor does it concern you. So please don't mind it."

She giggled and apologized.

"Hehe, I'm sorry Miss..ahh.. That reminds me, my name is Lumine and my travel companion here is Paimon, nice to meet you." She reached out for my hand and squeezed it a little.

"R-Right..my..my name is..." I stopped midway and looked at her eyes. I could feel my legs shaking as I try hard to remember my name..

Who exactly am I..?

I've been wandering since the day I was casted upon this god forsaken world..

"..I don't know.." I muttered out.

Her eyes widen but soon later softened, "That's fine..would you want me to call you in another name so I can easily call you..?"

My eyes beamed up and leaned closer to her face while nodding, "Please do!"

"Oh? Someone's excited...Paimon still doesn't understand what you're saying though.."

"How about (Y/N)..?"

"(Y/N)...it's perfect! Thank you Ms. Lumine!" I hugged her tight out of pure happiness then felt arms slither around my waist and pulled me closer to hers.

"Paimon's curious, what are you two talking about?" I heard Paimon question, Lumine's laugh can be heard next to my ear and then hear her make a 'shh' sound.

We soon pulled away with our hands still holding one another.

"From now on, I'll protect you as if you're my little sister!" She beamed, I rose an eyebrow and smirked, "I may be older than you, who knows?" I laughed.

She laughed as well, having a grunting Paimon on the background.

"Paimon and I will teach you Teyvat's language, come with us. We're searching for my brother anyways."

Searching?

She's searching as well?

Ah, luck must finally be on my side after years of searching..

"Thank you! I'm also searching for something, I'm glad to meet you!"

"Huh? What are you searching for..?" She asked, confused and concerned, I gave her a small sad smile, "My name.."

"From Paimon's mind, did she just say she's searching for her name?" Paimon quirked, I could understand a few of her words since it's easy to give away because we're talking about searching for my name.

"That's correct, Paimon. Also, I understand, I know exactly how it feels like to forget about something very important.." She said while switching languages.

Lumine's POV

But still, this language she speaks of is different from Teyvat's, they only speak in 1 language and never have I heard someone speak in English, is she perhaps..

"Excuse me for being rude but are you perhaps an outlander as well?" I looked at her straight dead in the eyes as her breath hitched, well I guess that hit the spot.

"I knew it"

"Knew what?"

I looked at Paimon with my eyebrows furrowed, she copied my expression, "Are you okay, Lumine?"

A sigh escaped my lips then I nodded as an answer, "I'm fine, it's just..she's an outlander just like me but I don't know how she got here..I'm a traveler from another world but..I've never seen a cross-traveler in worlds beside me and my brother.."

"She's not from this world!?" Paimon screeched, "Paimon, shut up!"

"Hey!"

My attention was then switched to (Y/N)'s small figure, I chuckled and gave her a head pat, she looked up with a blush on her face, oh god she looks so cute! I want to adopt her~

"Let's go then, I'll introduce you to others." She just let out a small noise of agreeing.

"Why are you leaving Paimon behind!? I'm your guide! Hey! Wait up! Don't leave Paimon behind!"