Yellow Ledbetter

• Dedicated to CSI Miami

Side note: I do NOT own any of the CSI: Miami characters and I do not wish to portray it that way

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

Chicago PD 7:33am

The dim department floor was filled with the sound of phones ringing, detectives chatting, and feet stomping across the floor. Rays of pinkish morning sun shined through the window blinds and hit the navy blue walls. At the end of this gloomy floor was a row of three elevators, the middle elevator doors slid open and out walked, the beautiful, detective Bridget Smith. She pushed her jet black hair away from her face revealing her porcelain white skin. She looked over to a redheaded man and another man, with salt and pepper hair, and smiled.

"Hey you guys." Bridget said and walked over to the men, her heels clicking and clanking behind her.

"Hey Bridget, come to say good bye?" Capulet O'Ferrel, the redhead, asked his partner as he leaned on his desk.

"Yep, I've already said bye to Molly and the CSI's." She told the two, as she stood between them.

"Saving the best for last?" The other detective, David Howl, asked in a cocky manner.

"How did I know you would say that?"

After the detectives said their 'good byes' Bridget headed off to the airport to go work with the man that practically raised her as a kid in New York, New York. She considered this man family because when everyone gave up on her, he took her in and helped her find herself, when she ran away, even if it was the thousandth time, he looked for her, he cared for her. He was probably the only one that did at the time.

Miami-Dade airport 10:28am

The airport was crowded with people and their luggage, as large plans took flight just on the other side of the wall. Pushing around only a little, Bridget swiftly made it to the glass double doors with three black suitcases, one stacked on the other, following close behind.

When she finally made it out she breathed in the cool Miami air, that came with the smell of salt water. This peaceful moment was ruined when a man, who was probably late for his flight, crashed into Bridget causing her to fall to the concrete ground. The man didn't even stop when Bridget yelled, "What the hell!" She then turned to find one of her suitcases flopped open and her clothes slung out everywhere. She mumbled words of hate under her breath as she angrily pushed clothes into her suitcases.

"Need a hand?" A man's voice came from behind her.

Bridget turned to the unknown person with fury in her eyes. That fury quickly turned to love and joy as she looked at the man behind her. Lieutenant Horatio Caine held out a hand. She graded the lieutenants hand and he pulled her to her feet. Bridget couldn't hold it in a second longer. She wrapped Horatio in her loving embrace.

"How has Miami been treating you, uncle Horatio?" Bridget asked with a huge smile.

"Good. And Chicago?" Horatio asked.

"Great." She cheerfully answered.

Once Bridget released Horatio, he graded her suitcases and placed them in the back of the Hummer.

"Wow, nice car." Bridget complemented as she ran her fingers across the cold, silver colored, metal car.

When she reached the passenger door she opened it and hopped onto the black leather interior set. Horatio soon accompanied her. He started the car and took off to his house.

"So, you'll be staying in my guest room?" Horatio half way asked and half way told Bridget.

"Well, since my reservations where canceled last minute, I guess I will be. As long as its no trouble to you." She told Horatio, not wanting to intrude.

"Its no trouble at all."

The rest of the ride, Horatio and Bridget talked about their lives over the passed year or two. Laughs and smiles where exchanged the rest of the ride.

***********************************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading chapter 1! Please vote if you liked it and comment if you would like to share your opinion. Both are very appreciated.