𝘐𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

"Ugh, I'm so sick of you always trying to tell me how to live my life!" I groaned at my father, trying to go upstairs to my room.

I went out to a party with my friends tonight to celebrate my best friend Eren's birthday. He had just turned 21 and ordered us LOTS of alcohol. Of course, I drank with him because I didn't want to be the only sober one there and let down one of my best friends on his birthday.

"Y/N!" my dad yelled from the living room. I rolled my eyes and came back down the stairs and stood in the entry way of the living room.

He stared blankly at me, crossing his arms. I peered my eyes at him, eagerly waiting to see what he wanted. I was still pretty drunk, but not drunk enough to where I couldn't think clearly or say anything stupid to get myself in anymore trouble.

"Have you been drinking?" he queried in a lower tone than before.

I rolled my eyes at him and huffed. "Dad, seriously?" I whined and pinched the space between my eyes, trying not to get anymore upset than I already was.

"Y/n, I can smell the alcohol from all the way over here, did you think I wouldn't notice?!" he started getting more aggressive.

Rage was pumping through my vines. I sighed and rubbing my fingers against my temples, shutting my eyes before I could even responded to him.

"Dad, I'm 19 years old. I go to work, make my own money, and hangout with my friends. That's it. I never get into trouble, I've never smoked, I barely drink, and I definitely don't do any hard drugs. So, why is it an issue that I go out with my friends for ONE night and have a couple drinks?" I spoke calmly to him, only telling him half truths.

Though my eyes remained shut, I could feel his eyes burn through me like they were shooting out lasers.

I understand what it must be like for my father. He's had to raise me all by himself for almost my whole life, after my mother walked out. My dad didn't have any family either, beside Hanji who's only just a friend of his but I consider her an aunt. Then there's Levi, who I don't truly see as "family" since he hasn't been friends with my dad as long as Hanji has. But he does his best to play his part in this so called "family" of ours.

In my personal opinion, I think they've all done a pretty good job making sure I didn't get into any trouble or go down a troubling path in life.

But, my dad has always wanted me to live my life the way he wanted me to. And the truth is, I don't know what I want to do in life. He would complain about how my other friends were all going to school or how they had real jobs and here I am, 19 years and still living with my single father, and working as a barista.

I mean from his side, I get it. But still. I wasn't going to go to college to get a degree as a nurse or a lawyer or something generic. And I definitely wasn't going to join the survey corps or cadets either.

"You're being totally irresponsible, Y/N. It's been almost two years since you've graduated high school and you haven't done anything with your life. You can't live here forever with me. I want you to succeed in life. Do better than I me,"

My jaw clenched, and my fists did too. I slowly opened my eyes and glared at him. "Yeah, that's what you want. But what about what I want, dad?" I spat at him like darts were coming out of my mouth.

He did the same and slowly got up from the couch. "I don't care what you want!" he spoke harshly. "I refuse to let you struggle, especially under my roof!" his voice bellowed.

"Well I don't have anywhere else to go, dad! All my friends live at school and It's not like I have a mom to go crying ho-"

"Get out," he interrupted me calmly.

I stopped for a second and widened my eyes. "What?"

"I said get out," he side eyed me. "You know better than to speak about that woman in this house,"

I raised my eyebrows at him and licked over my top teeth. "Really?" I chuckled. "And where exactly do you expect me go to?"

He looked away from me and stared out the window. "You'll have to figure that out on your own, Y/n. You're an adult now. It's about time now that I stopped babying you," he abruptly walked away and began to head upstairs.

"Babying me? Please. You never treated me like a daughter! You never let me have fun, you barley let me see my friends, I'm always doing everything YOU want me to do, dad!!!" I shouted at him up the stairway.  "Why can't you just let me be happy and let me do my own th-"

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO END UP LIKE HER!" he quickly turned around and snapped at me.

My eyes widened at him again, jaw dropping. We stood there staring at each other for a minute. I saw the instant regret shower over his face and my eyes started to water. Before either of us could say anything, I quickly ran passed him up and went into my bedroom.

He followed behind me and stood in the doorway. "Y-Y/n. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to what, dad? Compare me to my dead beat mother? Yeah, I'm sure you didn't. But, ya know. It's fine, I'm getting my stuff together and leaving right now. You won't have to worry about me 'mooching" off of you any longer," I said, vigorously throwing things into bags as he stood in the doorway still and watched me.

I zipped up all my bags and put everything over my shoulders. I turned off the light and ran downstairs without saying a word to him.

"Y/n, where are you-" my dad started to say before I slammed the door on him.

I put all my stuff into the backseat of my car and hopped in the front seat and started the engine. I was driving fast, still drunk and extremely infuriated. Once I arrived to the only place I could think of going to, I hopped out of my car and banged on the front door. I saw the lights turn on and a figure walk downstairs, and then open the door.

"Y/n?"