Mission completed

PROV KORRA:

Tonraq: Korra answer me now

Mako: Sir clearly she has no feelings for that girl

Asami: oh shut up and let her talk

Tonraq: I want the truth now don't lie to me

Korra: its....it's true.... Asami is my girlfriend

The whole room gasped. This was what I was afraid of. The moment my father finds out my secret.  It was silent for a few moments and I was scared about what my dad was thinking.

Tonraq: as you know the south does not except people that like the opposite sex

Mako: exactly

Asami: Sir-

Korra: but dad-

Tonraq: but I do think that we need to change our ways. So I will welcome my beautiful daughter into my arms and our village. we are family no matter what I love you for who you are Korra.

I couldn't believe that he was okay with this

Mako: what do you mean ?!

Tonraq: if Korra doesn't want to marry you she's allowed to deny the engagement

Mako: Sir this is absurd

Tonraq: No what's absurd is that you tried forcing my daughter to marry you just because she loved someone else and not you. The only reason we had this arranged marriage was just in case, But my daughter can be happy with whomever she wants and she doesn't need to hide her true self anymore.

I started crying out of joy. This meant so much to me, just the fact that my father accepted me for who I was and didn't care who I loved as long as I'm happy. I ran up to my dad to hug him as I cried on his shoulder. Then told him thank you . I should've just told my parents the truth. I should've told them that I never wanted to marry Mako, but I just didn't know this would be so easy and that they would be so understanding. I can finally live my life without worrying about Mako.

Tonraq: there, there don't cry hun

Korra: thank you so much

My dad turned to the crowd of people and told them that the wedding is off. I then looked at Asami and walked up to her nervously since I left her without telling her about Mako:

Korra: Asmai Im sor-

I felt her lips on mine as we shared a passionate kiss.

Asami: it's you don't have to apologize. I just missed you

Korra: I feel like I do. I mean I didn't tell you the truth about Mako and you had to come all the way out here.... wait how did you know ?

Asami: Bo told me the whole story plus Kuvira kinda helped

Korra: she did ?

Asami: yeah she told me that you had left Republic city with Mako

Korra: that was nice of her

Asami: yeah, But hey you owe me a date since we didn't get to last time

Korra: of course

We started walking out with smiles on our face

Mako: And what about me ?

Tonraq: you can Just go home. I'll have your things ready and packed up for you .

Mako: but sir

Asami: you heard the man... Go home !

Mako: you'll pay for this Sato

Asami: oh I'm so scared ha.

We finally left and I felt relieved. I was just about to get married to someone I didn't love just because I was scared to come out and say the truth this could've been the biggest mistake of my life. Thank goodness I had Asami. She saved me from making The biggest mistake of my life. If I didn't have her I would've probably said I do and actually married him. Imagine that marrying someone you feel nothing for and getting forced into doing stuff that you don't want to do. That would've been a nightmare. We finally got to the hotel that Asami is staying at for the night. I had said my goodbyes to my parents since I had to leave and go back to Republic city. Once we finally got in the room I sat down on the bed and sighed in relief.

Asami:Are you ok ?

Korra: Yeah I just can't think you enough. You traveled all this way just to  save me from making the biggest mistake of my life. How can I ever repay you? I basically OU my life now.

Asami: haha it was nothing. I just did this because I love you Korra

Korra: I Love you to Asmai

She went up to me and kissed me on the forehead. It was so harmless but yet so sweet.

Asami: I do have a question though

Korra: what is it ?

Asami: how come you keep this a secret? Why didn't you tell me about it? And when you dated mako was that all real ?

Korra:.... The only reason I kept it a secret was because I was ashamed in a way. I mean people nowadays really don't have arranged marriages anymore so I thought you wouldn't understand and would probably judge me or even make fun of me. When we first started dating the only reason that even happened was because I was trying to see if I will feel something for him. The only thing that actually happened was that I got used to him and I guess I mixed it up with being in love since he was my first boyfriend and my first kiss. I thought I was upset when we broke up but I was just actually worried that arranged marriage was going to get canceled and my parents would be upset with me, but then later I started having feelings for you and then my eyes opened up and I realized that the person m I want to be with is you and only you.

Asami: I'm sorry you had to go through that but you're with me now and I promise I'm never letting you go Korra.

She kissed me again but this time it was on my lips it was soft and gentle. We ended up cuddling and watching movies all night until we fell asleep.