Chapter 6

Laura's Pov

Once we got to Target, we went in and got a cart. Ki said, "So what do we need to get?"

"Um. Well cups and plates and silverware and all that kind of stuff. And then we'll need to get like snack foods and drinks." "Okay."

We went around the store and got all of the things we needed. We checked out and then drove back home. We took all the stuff in and put everything away. Jc came downstairs and said, "So what is the point of this party tonight?"

"It's for us to announce our engagement." "Oh. That makes sense."

"Yeah." "My little children are growing up."

"We're not children." "You're younger than me."

"I'm still not a child. I'm 22." "Whatever you say missy."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Ki. Will you help me make some of the stuff for tonight?" "Yeah Babe."

We sat at the counter and started to make sausage balls. Ki said, "Aw these are Conner's favorites."

"I know. I wanna make my baby brother happy." "You're such a good big sister."

"Thank you baby." We finished making the sausage balls and put them in the fridge to cool and harden. He said, "Now that that's done, i think it's time for some much earned cuddle time."

"Agh. I love you." We went into the living room and laid on the couch. Ki said, "Gosh. You're so beautiful."

"Stop." "I'm serious. I have such an amazing fiancée."

"Baby. Stop pampering me." "I'm not. I just like to remind you how much I love you."

"Ugh. I don't deserve you. You're so good to me." "You're crazy babe. If anything, I don't deserve you. I'm mean. Damn. Look at you."

I looked at him and kissed him. I pulled out and said, "I love you so much." Sam came downstairs and sat on the floor in front of us. He said, "Will you play with my hair?"

"Sure bub." I started to play with his hair and Kian said, "You're such a good mom to all your friends."

"What can I say? It's my calling." "Gosh. I can't wait until we have kids."

"Me either baby." Sam said, "I'm an uncle whenever y'all have kids right?"

"Of course Sammy boo." "Yay! Uncle Sammy boo!"

"You're a mess." "Oh well."

Ki said, "Babe. You know that he's been a mess since the day he was born." Sam said, "No. I've only been a mess since I met you because you rubbed off on me."

I said, "Oh my goodness. We aren't arguing about this." They both sighed. I checked the time and saw that it was already 3:00.

I said, "Baby. We only have three hours until the party." "Three hours is more than enough time. Why don't you go do what you need to do to get ready and I will make sure that things down here look presentable."

I stood up and said, "And make sure the guys don't look like a mess." Sam said, "Hey!"

"Well. You know I'm right." He rolled his eyes and went upstairs. Ki kissed the top of my head and said, "It'll be perfect baby stop stressing."

"I'm sorry. I just want to make sure everything is how I want. I want my parents to be proud." "They will be."

I went upstairs and curled my hair. After my hair was done I did my makeup. After I finished all of that I cleaned up the bathroom. A few minutes later Ki came into the room. He said, "Babe. Cleaning? Really?"

"I just have to get dressed. I wanted to make sure the bathroom was clean. You know how I am." He let me finish cleaning and then I got dressed. I just wore a grey t-shirt dress with a statement necklace and I slid on my "cowgirl" boots. Ki said, "You look amazing."

I kissed him and said, "I love you." He went and got dressed and we both went downstairs. I put the sausage balls in the oven and got out the rest of the food so I could get it set up.

I put everything out in a nice little arrangement and put it all on the island. I put the drinks out and filled the ice bucket up. I put that on the counter along with the cups and napkins. Connor came downstairs and said, "Wow. It looks really nice down here. Who knew?"

"It's amazing what having a woman live here can do." Then someone knocked at the door. Ki went to get it and saw that it was his mom and Dad with Izzy and Cole. Izzy said, "Hey. Rio and Tabby both apologize for not being able to come. They had to work."

"Oh no. That's fine. It's completely understandable." We all hugged each other and they went and sat in the living room. Soon everyone was there and we were all sitting around socializing.

After a little bit, me and Ki went to the front of the room. I said, "Guys. If i could get everyone's attention." Everyone looked at us and Ki said, "So everyone there is a very important reason why we invited you guys over. I know we told y'all we have an exciting announcement. And before y'all jump to conclusions, no Laura is not pregnant."

I hit his chest and said, "And this is why I don't let him make important announcements. But anyways. We invited all of y'all here to tell y'all that, we're engaged." Everyone looked so excited. Mom came over to me and hugged me. She said, "Oh. My first baby is getting married."

"Mama. I'm not going anywhere." "I know. I'm just so excited."

Everyone was congratulating us and soon everyone started to leave. Robert and Brandon were the last ones to leave. Robert said, "Aw. My Wittle baby sister is all growed up."

"Robert. Don't." "Oh goodness. I remember when you were just a little baby."

"Boy. You were still a little baby." "Hush."

I rolled my eyes at him and Brandon said, "Congrats :aura. I'm so glad you have a guy that makes you truly happy." I said, "Thanks Brandon."

Soon they both left. Me and Ki cleaned everything up and sat on the couch together. He said, "That went well."

"Yeah it did. It's too bad Tabby and Rio couldn't come though." "It's okay. I've already told them about it. They knew it was gonna happen."

"Of course they did." He wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. He said, "I just love you so much. These past seven years have been amazing and I can't wait to have seventy more."

"I love you." We made sure everything was clean and went up to our room. Ki said, "I'll be right back baby. I need to talk to JC."

"Okay Babe." I went in the bathroom and took my makeup off and put my hair up in a bun. I took my contacts out and washed my face. I put my glasses on and went into the room. I got out a pair of athletic shorts and a T-shirt and put that on.

I laid in bed and Ki came back in the room. He got changed and laid in bed next to me. I put my phone on the charger and Ki pulled me into his arms. He said, "I love you so much."

"I love you too baby. Are you okay?" "Fine. Why?"

"Baby. Don't lie to me." "Laura. I'm fine. What makes you think something is wrong?"

"You're acting weird. I just want to make sure everything's okay. You know you can talk to me about anything." "I know. And I'm fine babe. Stop stressing."

He kissed the top of my head and turned the TV on. I laid my head on his chest and soon I fell asleep.