C H A P T E R E I G H T

JAZMINE.

I put on my hoodie as I approached the stairs and walked down. I made my into the kitchen and saw China.

"Morning." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Morning lil bit." She said and I chuckled. "You foods in the microwave." I walked to the microwave and opened it and got my food out. I sat down next to China.

"You good? No headache? Nothing?" I asked and she smiled.

"You know mama done took care of that. Superwoman be on point, you know that." I laughed at her.

"Let mama hear that." I said and ate a piece of bacon.

"Let mama hear what?" Mom said from behind us. I made a busted face and China looked behind her.

"We were just talking about how much we appreciate you." China said

"Right." I said and she sat down.

"Good. Jazmine, we need to talk." She said and I looked at China. We looked at each other for a few seconds and I looked at mom.

"Yeah? I'm listening." I said and drank some juice.

"I've given you time to tell me the truth and I've waited this long so you better get out with it." She said and I chuckled. I put some food in my mouth and China cleared her throat.

"Did you sleep with Jahking?" I chocked on my food and coughed. China rubbed my back.

I swallowed the food and drank some juice. I looked back at mom.

"How you just gone spit that out like that?" I asked and she seemed unfazed.

"You can tell me, i won't do anything." She said and China looked at me.

"Here's what I can guarantee you, I didn't do anything of what you are thinking about." I said and she just stared at me.

"Well then what's going on?" She asked and I sighed.

"Just tell her Jazmine, you know she's not gonna leave you alone now." China said and I nodded.

"Spit it out." She said and I looked at mom. I stood up and walked out the kitchen. If she's gonna pressure me to talk, it's not gone happen. She knows me.

~~~

"Hey grandma!" I yelled walking in the house.

"Little girl stop yelling in my damn house." Grandpa said and I smiled at him and closed the door.

"Hey gramps." I said and walked over to him. "Did I say you can come into my house?" He asked and I smacked my teeth.

"Come on, you still on that?" I asked and sat down.

"Did i say sit down?" He asked and I laughed.

"Grandpa come on. Ain't you happy to see me?" I asked and he looked at the TV.

He smiled and pointed to his cheek. "Where's my kiss?" He asked.

I chuckled and went over to him. I kissed he's cheek and he smiled wider. I stood up straight and looked around the room.

"So, where's grandma?" I asked and put my hands in my jeans pockets.

"Oh, she's out. Went to buy groceries." He said and sat back relaxing.

"Alone? You not serious, right?" I asked and he shook his head.

"She went with yo grandma. The other one." He said and I nodded. "Good, at least she's not alone." I said and he made a face.

"Eh." I laughed and the door opened. I looked at the door and...

"Grandpa Alvin!" I yelled and ran over to him. I jumped up and he catched me.

"Slow down little girl. I'm old." He said and I smiled. He put me down and hugged me.

"Man,  you look good. Look like you still got muscles somewhere seeing you could in fact catch me." I said smiling and he chuckled.

"The girl's got a point." Grandpa Denis said.

Okay, Grandpa Alvin is my my dad's dad and Grandpa Denis is my mom's dad. Grandma Tania is my mom's mom and Grandma Ellen is my dad's mom.

My dad's name is AJ, which is Alvin Junior and mom's name is Jenna. Little family background, the old people are bestfriends and you know the two kids grew up together and fell in love and they had kids and the rest is history. Got that?

"Well you know I'm a healthy beast." Grandpa Denis said and I scrunched my face.

"Uh-uh gramp. That-" I laughed "That didn't sound right at all." I scrunched my nose looked at him.

"I just said it how it is." He said and crossed his arms.

"But I ain't tryna hear all that." I said.

"Have some respect my man. My baby ain't tryna hear all that." Granpa Denis covered me.

"Right. You can't talk like that in front of me." I said and smiled.

"You right. I'm sorry baby girl." He said and wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah, get off me now." I said and they chuckled.

"You haven't changed at all." Grampa Denis said and G Alvin let go of me completely.

We walked to the couch and G Alvin sat down. I sat down on the single couch.

"When will the ole lady's be back?" I asked.

"They shouldn't be long. You want something from yo gram?" G Denis asked and I shook my head.

"I need to talk to her about something." I said and he looked around and back at me.

"You can't talk to me?" He asked.

"No, I need to talk to grams. That's the key word, grams." I said and he exclaimed.

"So, what is it? Is it serious? Somebody do something?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Nah, I need to talk to Nana. I don't trust you men in my life." I said and G Alvin looked at me.

"What'd we do?" He asked.

"Nope, uh-uh. Y'all too violent." I said and G Denis laughed a little loud. I scrunched my face.

"Violent? Little girl, we know Jesus. Ain't nothing violent about here." G Denis said.

"Uh-huh. You sure about that? I mean, like when it comes to us, children? Yo kids and us?" I asked and they looked at each other and I nodded.

"Yeah, we don't play about that." G Alvin said.

"Exactly, that's why i need to talk to Nana." I said and G Denis smacked his teeth.

"Well go talk to her then. But y'all ain't talking in my house." He said and I laughed.

"Yo house? Ain't y'all got like 50/50?" I asked him.

"No, this all mine. Everything." He said and I laughed.

"Don't let Nana hear you say that." I said and G Alvin chuckled and nodded.

"Man, she ain't gone do nothing." He said and I sighed and sat back.

"Okay. We'll see." I said and he nodded.

___________________________

9 December 2020
11:30

Sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Vote and comment below👇

Thank u for reading💕😙