C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

JAZMINE.

"Do we gotta tell em now?" Jahking asked as we approached the porch. I stopped walking and turned to him. "Yo daddy is not happy with me, he will kill me."

"Babe, relax. You think you're nervous, imagine how I must feel."

"But you seem calmer than me."

"Well I'm not." I said and opened the door. He sighed and put his hands in. We walked in and Jahking closed the door behind him.

"Mom!" I yelled and walked to the living room and peaked in. No one.

"Jaz? That you?" I walked to the stairs and looked up. She was standing at the top of the stairs with a smile on her face. I waved, head slightly the the left and smiled. She came down quickly.

"Ma, watch your step." I said and Jahking chuckled. The three of us are cool, my dad is another story.

"Calm down. I'm still fit." She said and I nodded.

She hugged me. "Hey ma." I said and she kissed my cheek. Kinda a thing with me.

"Hey mama." Jahking said and mom hugged him.

"Hey my boy." She said and let go. I put my hands behind my back and looked around.

"Where's dad?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"He's upstairs."

"He don't wanna come down?"

"You know your father. Stubborn as a donkey."

"He needa let that go. I need to talk... to the both of you." I said and crossed my arms.

"Well, I don't know about that." She said and looked at the stairs.

"Ion care about tha-"

"Jazmine."

"Dad! Can you come down for a second?!" I screamed and looked around. I wonder where's China and Terrence.

We waited for my dad and a few seconds after he came down the stairs with the meanest face. Calm down.

"What do you want? It's late." He said stopping right in front of me. Jeez. I rolled my eyes.

"I need to talk to you and mom." I said and they looked at each other. I turned around grabbing Jahking's hand and walked to the living room.

After everyone sat down, there was a long silence. My dad looking at me like he never gone see me again.

What do I begin to say? Where do I start? How is he gonna take it? All these questions running through my head.

"Jazmine... why are you dressed like that?" Mom asked and I looked at my outfit.

"We were out." I said and she nodded. Jahking looked like he could jump up and run at any given moment.

"What is it that you wanna tell us?" Dad asked. I sighed and looked at my knee.

"Uhm, just promise me you won't be mad." I said

"Usually when you say that it is something that's gonna make me mad." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, just...please."

"Okay. I promise." He said and I looked at mom. She was already looking at me. She was waiting patiently for me to tell what I needed to.

"Okay, uh so." I laughed nervously. "Uhm, J-Jahking uhm." I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. Out with it Jazmine. "Jahking asked me to marry him." I said quickly and Jahking stood up. My dad scoffed and mom looked shocked.