C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

JAZMINE.

Jahking sat, looking at me. The music was playing softly in the background, the lights were dim, making it kinda dark. And of course me and Jahking in the middle of a restaurant.

"What?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I didn't say nothing." He said and sat back.

"I know, but you're staring at me. Do I have something on my face?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nope. I'm just admiring you're beauty and everything you are."

"Thank you" I laughed. "But you didn't have to tell me that."

He licked lips. "I have to, I haven't  been able to tell you that in so long. I know the last couple days have been taking a toll on you." He grabbed my hands. "With everything going on, I know it's a lot and I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what." He smiled. I just stared at him.

"Now I know you done said, you don't wanna talk, but maybe a therapist can help. You have a lot on you're heart, and talking helps. You may not agree, but I think you should. You've got a lot of healing to do." He said and I sighed. I'm pretty sure tonight's not all about me.

"Tonight's not all about me, right?" I asked

"No... it's about us." He looked around. "You wanna dance?"

"Of course." We got up and he pulled me to him. We walked a few feet away from the table. I put my arms around his neck and  his hands snaked around my waist. We danced slowly to the music, staring into each others eyes.

"You know I love you right?" He asked and I nodded.

"I love you too." I said and he slowly leaned in slowly. I closed my eyes as our lips touched. After a few seconds of making out I pulled back and Jahking smiled. He let go of me and I put my hands on my hips.

"Can you close your eyes?"

"Why? For what reason?" I asked looking around and back to him.

"Just do it. Please." He said and poked his bottom lip out. Now why would I refuse that?

"Okay. Alright, but you better" I covered my eyes. "not try nothing funny." I said and heard him laughed.

I waited for about a minute after hearing his foot steps disappear before he came back.

I felt his presence in front of me. "You can open your eyes now." He said and I slowly removed my hands from my face. I looked at Jahking who was on one knee, with a box which had a ring in it with wide eyes.

What is he doing?

I looked to my left and a man with a camera was standing there.

"Jahking, what are you doing?" I asked him playing with my fingers. He can't be doing nothing right now.

"J, since the first day I saw you, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Back then thinking like that, I thought I was being silly but that grew with me and now I'm certain. J, I wanna wake up next to you every morning and sleep next to you every night. You are most incredible human being, with the softest heart who puts up this gangster act." Not an act. "You care a lot for people even if you don't know them, you hate being the center of attention which I adore about you. You always try to make everyone happy and forget about yourself but now I wanna make you happy, I've always wanted that. I want you to be the mother of my children." I laughed as a tear fell. "Jazmine Amber Brown, will you do me the honour and marry me and become my wife?" He smiled and i chuckled. What to say?

I looked around with my hands against my mouth. I mean, I've always felt that way about him but I can't believe it's happening. Who would wanna spend the rest of their lives with me? I'm a big mess, like BIG, BIG.

"J?" I looked at him and he looked nervouse.

"Yes." I shook my head and he smiled widely. "Yes, yes, yes." I said laughing and he picked me up and spun me around. He put me down and took my hand. I laughed and Jahking took the ring and looked at the camera cheesing. "I'm getting married." He said and I smiled at him. He slid the ring on my finger. I stared at the ring.

"It's beautiful." I said and looked at the camera man.

"Like you." Jahking said and I laughed. "The camera was a little much, don't you think?" I asked him and he held me by the waist and pulled me closer.

"No." He kissed me. He spun me around after that and pulled me back into him.

~~~

"I'll send the pictures to you." Joseph, the camera man told Jahking.

"Congratulations again sweetheart." He said and I winked at him letting him know I'm saying thank you. I kept smiling the whole time.

"Aight. Bye brother." Jahking said and Joseph left. He looked at me and smiled.

"Who would have thought? I haven't even turned nineteen." I said and he chuckled.

"Remember? When you were fourteen, I said I'll be marrying you at 20?"

"Yeah." He put his hands around my waist. "But I didn't really think it was gone happen, happen. We were super young back then."

"But it happened." He said and i nodded. Wow. I'm engaged! Mom and da- freak!

"King, you didn't ask for my parents blessing." I said with wide eyes. He bit his lip.

"Shoot, I forgot about that. People still do that?" He asked and I slapped him against his chest lightly.

"Of course stupid." I said and he smiled.

"There go the insults again." I smiled. "But we can go tomorrow, it's late right now." He looked at his watch "Right, it's 22:30." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Keep rolling yo eyes. They gone get stuck."

"Whatever." He pulled me into his chest and hugged me.

Welp, tonight was interesting, wasn't it? I'm happy, I am. Jahking is more than i asked for and I'm grateful for him.

"Oh, and that therapy thingy you was talking about" I said and looked into his eyes. "I'll try, I'll try... for you." I said and he kissed my lips softly.

"I love you." He said and I nodded.

"I love you too bae."

___________________________

13/12/20

Chapters rather short, huh?