C H A P T E R N I N E

JAZMINE.

I waited for another 15 minutes for my nana. I still don't know how to react to this Jahking situation. I looked at the door and sighed. The old men looked at me and shook their heads. They are so un-bothered right now.

The door opened and I got up relieved. "Finally." I exclaimed. It's about time they got here.

"Jazmine." Nana said happily and I skipped over to her. It's always good to see a friendly face. I hugged her. Behind her appeared my other grandma.

"Hey Nona." I said and let go of Nana and hugged Nona.

"Take this." Nana said and I took a bag from her and a bag from Nona. It would seem unfair to only take one's bag.

"What are you doing here out of the blue?" Nana asked as we walked. Damn, no I'm happy to see you?

"She here to talk. Talk." Grandpa Denis said and I rolled my eyes slightly.

"You could say it's great to see me." I said and we walked to the kitchen.

"It is great baby." Nona said and I placed the groceries on the counter. These are probably for the whole year, it's too much.

"So, what's wrong? What's bothering you baby?" Nana asked and they sat down. I wonder if I should tell them. It wouldn't hurt to. "Sit down." Nona said pointing to the chair. I smiled.

"Thank you but I think I'll stand. We should probably put away the groceries away first, then we'll talk." I told them and they looked at each other.

"Okay." Nana said and I took some stuff out the bag in front of me.

15 minutes later we were done putting the groceries away and they were sitting down again.

"Are you going to sit?" Nana asked.

I can't sit, not right now.

I put my hands in my pocket. "No,  I'm okay." I said.

"You are just like your mother." Nona said and I smiled at that. That will always be the biggest compliment to me. My mom is an amazing person, she has all my respect.

"Thank you." I said and Nona put her hands out on the table.

"So are you going to tell us what's bothering you baby?" Nona asked. I looked behind me and chuckled.

"Don't be mad after I tell you, okay?" I rubbed my thighs. They nodded.

"Okay." Nana said and I bit my bottom lip. I know one of em is gonna flip after this.

I paced around a little and sighed.

Without thinking I blurted out "Jahking cheated on me." Eyes wide, I let out a heavy breath.

"He what now?" Nana asked and I chuckled.

"You said, he cheated?" Nona follwed and I nodded.

I get the feeling that they don't know how to react. They looked at each other, like they knew something.

"But just the other day he-" Nona trailed off. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hello? I need help here." I pointed out and they looked at me.

"Okay. Uh." Nona stood up and walked over to me. She pulled me towards the chair and sat me down.

"But Tania, just the other day- he asked- how could he?" Nona stuttered.

"You say he cheated?" Nana had her eyes wide, like she didn't believe what I said, both of them. "No, he couldn't have." She said.

"All the evidence is there." I said.

"What evidence?" Nona asked and I whipped my phone out. I went to the pictures that whoever sent me. I never replied btw.

I gave the phone to Nana and Nona went to her. They stared at the phone.

"I don't even know what to say." Nana said and gave my phone back to me. I put it back in my pocket.

"So what do I do? Talk to him? Work this thing out?" I asked and lifted my shoulders.

"Stop doing that." Nona said and I was confused.

"Do what?" I asked.

She mimicked my previous movement and lifted her shoulders. "This. Let them down." She said and I just stared at her. I sighed and stood up.

"Nona, I'm here tryna look for help and you are worried about my body language. I need advise." I said and she sighed.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Nona said. I swear everyone in this family is the same.

"Babygirl, have you heard his side of the story?" Nana asked and I bit my lip and looked at her. I know I should have but i didn't. I shook my head.

Nana looked at me softly."Baby, hear what he has to say, there has to be a explanation for this. I mean just the other day he was talking about wanting to-" "Huh-uh, what are you saying?" Nona cut her off.

"Okay what are y'all hiding?" I asked and Nona chuckled.

"Yo Nana is going crazy, she don't know what she talking about." Nona said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Ellen, be quiet. Just talk to him, today still." Nana said. I nodded and twisted my lips.

"Okay. Okay." I said and put my hands in my pockets.

Maybe talking to him will put my mind to rest. Cause I've been thinking too much. I just wanna forget all of this.

"I'll see you later then." Nana said and stood up. I went and hugged them both. They gave me reassuring smiles and i turned around and walked out the kitchen.

"Gramps." I said and they looked at me. "I'm on my way." I said.

"So soon?" G Denis asked. I nodded. "Oh. I'll see you next year then." He said and I laughed. I really need to do something to visit them more.

"Nah, I'll be back before you know it." I said. I walked to the door and closed it.

"I love y'all." I said and blew them kisses.

"We love you too babydoll." G Alvin said and waved. I walked out and closed the door behind me. I pulled my phone out and dailed Jahking's number.

Let's hope this gives me something. I really don't wanna feel how I feel right now.

So much pressure, pain, mind wandering to the weirdest places.

___________________________

9 December 2020
23:38

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. Thank you for reading this far❤ i know i suck at this but I think I'm improving, right?

Vote and comment below👇🌟