C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

JAZMINE.

Later that day we all sat down for dinner. It was still light outside, you could still hear car's driving. But the tension in the room, was all we focused on. Mom cleared her throat and we looked at her.

"Why is no one eating?" She asked and Terrence started eating and I chuckled. I wasn't really hungry.

"China, Jazmine?" Dad said and I shrugged. I sighed and pushed my plate away.

"Mom, thank you for making dinner but I'm not hungry." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah, me either." China said and sat back. Dad stared at me.

"Nobody asked if you were or weren't hungry. You will eat." Dad said and Terrence pushed his plate away too.

"Since when did you start making these decisions for me?" I asked him and slugged back in my seat.

"Jazmine, eat." I rolled my eyes.

"I said I wasn't hungry." I said and stood up.

"Sit down." Dad said and I sighed and put my hands down on the table.

"You know what, dad? You can't sit here and boss us around like you own us, now Terrence and China may not have the guts to stand up to you but I'm do. I have dealt with this for way too long and I'm not sure how much more i can take. Dad you know you mean the world to me and I have tried my best to make you see that we need more than just financially."

"I am a great father."

"But that's what you think, it doesn't make it the truth." I said and mom cleared her throat and rubbing it after.

Terrence stood up and looked at dad.

"Jazmine's right dad. That's all you ever did, just give us money." Terrence said

"Yeah, and it's annoying." China said and they came and stood beside me.

"After all these years, this is the thank you I get?" Dad said and I shook my head.

"Dad, we love you, we really do. But..."

"But nothing, Jaz. That's just what it is. We love him and done." China said and put her arm around me.

"You really are a disappointment Jazmine." Dad said and sighed.

"Thank you, dad. I'm your disappointment." I said and turned around.

"Jaz!" China yelled out and I ran up the stairs. Once i got into my room, I locked the door and got my bags out.

It came down to this. I'm leaving.

After I was done packing, I pulled out my phone and called Jahking.

"Hey, hey, hey. Come get me." I said quickly.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you. Just come up to my room, don't let anyone see you, I'll be on the rooftop." I dropped the call before he could say anything.

~~~~

"Hey." I said standing up as Jahking walked my way. I looked back through the window and at Jahking.

"Hey baby." He said and pulled me to him and giving me a soft kiss on the lips. I smiled a little, cause I missed it.

I turned around and picked up two bags and gave him one.

"Why are you-why do you have bags packed?"

"Cause I'm leaving."

"Where we going?" He asked and we made our way down the rooftop.

"I don't know, not your place or anywhere here."

"You mean we leaving town?"

"You don't have to come." I said with an attitude and jumped down and he sighed and jumped down too.

"That's not what I meant." We walked around the house, made it to the front and jumped over the fence.

We got in the car and I threw the bags in the back. Jahking drove off, and I sat there with my head all over the place.

We technically aren't running away. So... my dad can't do anything about it. I hate doing this. I don't like disrespecting anybody, especially not older folk. And I'm disrespecting my parents in so many ways right now.

~~~

We walked into Jahking's apartment and he went straight to his room and packed. I walked around the living room anxiously.

This isn't planned out, we don't know what we are going to do over where ever we going. The boys are gone be mad at me for pulling such a stunt. Oh, dear God, help me.

"I'm done." Jahking came out with two bags. I took one and looked at him.

"I was thinking..." i trailed off.

"What were you thinking?"

"We get married this week. We invite only a few family members, couple of friends and we done." I said and kissed his lips. Jahking smiled and bit his lip.

"Are you sure? I don't want you making hasty decisions."

"I'm positive. Promise." I said and he smiled wider. Then it's settled. We are gonna have to spend the night here, book a flight for tomorrow.

"We forgot something." I said and put the bag on the couch.

"What?" Jahking asked looking into my eyes. So much eye contact.

"We have to book a flight. It's already late." I said looking at the clock on the wall.

"Shoot. Forgot about that."

"Well that gives us tonight... to spend more time together." I said biting my bottom lip softly and put arms around his neck.

He let the bag fall and kissed me softly.

___________________________

15/12/20