Making their move

Third POV

*Three weeks after the Dubai incident*

The news still talking about the incident that happen in Dubai eventhough its been almost a month,the cops had been inspecting that a group of unknown people had planning to create a bio-weapon based on their research on the leftover empty human sized capsule at the investigation location. Many doesn't to get involve but when the Dubai cops mention that they caught the sight of one of the famous trio escaping the laboratory,lots of cities from some countries voluntary sending their best detective to help,that was for obvious reason that they wanna be the one that catch the trio.

Homeworld also not missing this chance,the mayor even insisted Rose to send Sapphire to investigate the case. But Rose told him that the HQ had it under control as they been working on it earlier than any city. They start right after Pearl told Sapphire that Amethyst massage her to never leave house alone.

Sapphire now sigh and slump her body to the back of her office chair,she just finish remake the whole three full reports including the side backup just because Jasper mistaken to send a wrong link and code messing up the whole system in the process.She could make him got fired for that but she's not that dumb,HQ can find 10 best detectives and 10 best officers in just a week,but its rare to get the brawn as good as Jasper is for the team nowadays.

Once she finally confirm that her fingers are not that sore anymore,she stand up and walk to her friend's desks for a little chat before lunch.

"Hey,Lapis.Looks like you done with your work already,and where's Pearl?",she ask leaning her back at the wall while she looking around for her bird mom friend.

"Pearl go get some coffee just few second before you got here,and yeah I only need to reorganise the files into the system since the city is now focusing on that Dubai's case",she reply.

"Heh lucky you,i need to convince the mayor that the city don't need to send me to Dubai for that because we got that under control just being here.I mean seriously,if I go I need to settle countless of stuff,the flight,my passport,hotel,report to admin base and where even bleu gonna stay if I'm gone for a few days!?"

Lapis look at her friend in knowing,she glance around to see of someone eavesdropping them before she entered her topic.

"Sapph,...you don't think that..",she look around one last time,"that Ruby and the others making that bio-weapon thingy right?",she ask.

"What!?,no! Of course not i make sure of it. Besides,they saw the trio member with purple hair which I assume as Amethsyt escape the lab from the window carrying two people.They only use that final option of escaping when they neither no other way or badly injured and to make it clear why would he carry Ruby and Peridot?they certainly been injured so I don't think they make that bio-weapon",she explain and pause a second when her heart aches just thinking that Ruby is hurting out there,"I more to think that they are victims in that situation and the real deal leave them there before the cops arrive"

Sapphire look back at Lapis and see she also had hurt expression probably the same reason as she is.

"She probably worried about Peridot",The police captain thought.

"Hey girls, what did I miss?,oh Sapph you done with that reports?you lucky I thought that so I brought us coffees",Pearl came back with three cups of coffee and place them at Lapis's desk.

"Thanks Pearl, yeah I finish them just in time",Sapphire thank her as she grab hers.

"*Sigh* you poor thing,always try to help other people's problem",she glare at her orange haired buff teammate at the other side of their office."IF ONLY THAT PERSON DIDNT MESS UP WITH THE SYSTEM,OUR GENEROUS CAPTAIN WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SUCH A DISTRESSING SITUATION, HE IS VERY LUCKY HE DIDNT GET TROUBLE FOR IT!",Pearl said making sure the mention person hear it.