when you're sad

( my favorite squad [ + denki who's not there rip ] )

→ midoriya
When you're sad, Midoriya goes all out. He sets a time for just the two of you to connect and hang out with no interruptions. He's very supportive for you and can read you like a book. You don't even have to express that you're down to him; by the time he notices just the slightest thing is off, he just says, "Hey, come over to my room after school, okay?" He knows everything about you (not in that creepy way) and will gather your favorite snacks, activities and games, movies, tv shows, etc. You have to exert no effort whatsoever to be cheered up by him.

→ bakugou
He's not very straight-forward with his affection -- Baku is the type of guy that you could go to and get comfort without having to give any kind of explanation. He really does hate to see you sad and would immediately assume that someone else was the cause of your sadness but he wants to be there for you first and foremost. Usually, no words are exchanged between you two. He notices, pulls you closer to him and he just holds you. He doesn't push you to talk to him and doesn't try to make the situation worse for you. He's the first one to offer support of any kind.

→ kirishima
He's worried for you the moment you show signs of being upset. He spams you with questions and can get the answers from mumbles and grunts and nods. Then he's on the case with snacks, blankets, and movies. You really appreciate how much effort he puts into it -- he'll make tent structures and whatnot that instantly lightens the mood. If it's more solemn, he's actually good with advice and comfort. 

→ todoroki
He didn't know what to do at first, but he did know when you were sad. He was just staring at you for a good five minutes thinking, 'do i hug? kiss? hold? cuddle??' He ends up holding your hand and giving you a reassuring squeeze. He's very blunt and unintentionally funnt so if you were to tell him what was wrong, you can bet all your money that he'd either give you a dumb response that'd make you laugh or a really wise one that'd give you a new perspective.

→ kaminari
He's your personal teddy bear. He empathizes with you a lot and if you're sad, he'll feel 10x worse. He will do anything and everything to pick your mood up no matter what responsibilities he has. Kami will buy you things, make you things, feed you things -- anything you want to do to destress, he's right there beside you.

→ sero
He will try to lighten the mood with jokes or tickles. He's playful so if you're sad, the first method he'll use to cheer you up is some cringey jokes or making fun of himself to cheer you up. Even if everything is going wrong for you, seeing Sero going to these lengths to make you feel better puts a small smile on your face, if you're not bursting with laughter.

→ shinso
He really hates it when you're sad -- he feels kinda helpless if he can't do anything to make you feel better. If he sees you crying, he'll just pull you into his chest and say, "Don't cry, don't cry," over and over because he wants you to feel better though he's not the best at words. You only need his touch and presence when you're sad -- having him around makes you feel soothed and comforted, so he really doesn't need to do much.

→ monoma
He gets surprisingly quiet when you're sad. He's usually very loud and obnoxious at times, but if you're feeling upset, he's like your personal therapist. He generally tries to get to the root of why you're sad and talking it out with him really helps you refresh. After you guys talk, he's very affectionate and will latch onto you until you're happy by his assessments.

→ aizawa
He will notice your change in mood right away. And while he can't take time off work on the spot, he'll let you know that he'll meet up with you after classes. He never leaves you feeling as if no one cares or notices that you're sad -- he always leaves with a kiss, a hug, or an encouraging word. 

→  toshinori
He's very awkward with you when you're sad, especially when you're crying. He doesn't know look, what to say, where to put his hands or what to do in general. With you being his first, he doesn't have much prior experience for this kinda thing, so he's just doing his best. He'll wing it and end up doing just exactly what you need -- whether it's being his usual flustered self or trying to cook something but failing, he always seems to get you in a better mood.

→ dabi
Like some other characters, he assumes that someone else causes your sadness. If you give him a name, chances are he'll track them down but if you just feel down, he just holds you. He doesn't say much but he does caress your hands or face or hair and you love the feeling of being comforted.

→ keigo
He's an upbeat person so more than once he's tried to get your mood up by jokes, carrying you on a flight, or just being playful in general. When you don't react or get even more annoyed, he gets more serious and will probably trap you in his arms with his wings and get you to just let all your emotions out. Sometimes, just venting helps you feel less pent up than before and he knows just how to get it all out of you.

→ shigaraki
This guy isn't the best with words and actually, one could argue that he's the worst with them and should never be put in charge of comforting someone. When he had seen your mood drop, he had initially done nothing about it but he felt guilty as time passed. So, eventually, he offers to grab a drink with you (he's usually busy so this is your 'date' time) and then Kurogiri usually does the therapy side of things while he gives you love.

.

thanks for reading !! sorry for the lack of updates , but i hope you all enjoyed :D