e p i l o g u e .

𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

✥ ─────────── ✥

A thunderous applause erupted as the presenting psychologist finished his talk, expressing his gratitude and appreciation before exiting the stage.

Right there waited a beautiful woman for him - who happened to be his wife.

Neither Marie nor Nathaniel felt the pressure for the two of them to get married. Nevertheless, both sides of the family vehemently disagreed. Eventually, their dreams were granted.

But more importantly to Marie, the rings on their fingers made a public statement. She could now worry less about her husband's out-of-line colleagues assuming the man was single. They better know he had a woman to go home to every night.

The wedding was simple, nice, elegant - but forgettable for the couple. The only thing Marie could really remember was waiting until the night was over... for when Nathaniel would deliver on his promise to fulfill Marie's fantasy of being fucked in a wedding dress in front of a mirror with a knife to her throat.

"How'd I do?"

Marie adjusted the collar of Nathaniel's suit.

"Amazing," she said with a smile. "Thank you for speaking, the museum is very grateful."

"There was one very persuasive curator..." Nathaniel mused humorously, earning a giggle from Marie, before his demeanor shifted. "I'm going to make you show me how thankful you are later."

Marie took a quick glance around to make sure no one was overhearing the couple's intimate conversation. Once in the clear, she leaned up to whisper in Nathaniel's ear.

"Only if you're on your best behavior for the rest of the night."

"Are you taunting me, love?"

Nathaniel looked down at Marie with a dangerous glint in his eyes that she knew all too well. She looked around one more time before committing to her final push.

"You can punish me for it later."

"Oh, I will," Nathaniel responded in a sinister tone that put a cheeky smile on Marie's lips.

The night went on, with Marie and Nathaniel engaging in conversations with colleagues and friends as the event wrapped up. It was for the opening of a new exhibition which Marie and the rest of the museum's team had worked on for months. After many busy weekends and tireless nights, it was finally completed.

Now, Marie just wanted some unburdened and private time with her husband.

No, not with her husband - with her dominant.

With the two of them each working demanding jobs, time was precious. But the couple weren't ones to force anything artificially, especially in the bedroom. What they did in the bedroom required an immense amount of physical and emotional effort.

They would still manage to cook dinner together when they could or get in an episode of Criminal Minds before bed, but Nathaniel always made sure to consistently give Marie one night. One night where they could close the door and let go of public perception. One night they could give in to everything they had been holding back.

Once the event was over, the night proceeded how most of the couple's special nights would. Nathaniel whisked Marie away to their home, the two entering in hand-in-hand and already entwined in a kiss. 

The apartment they had chosen together was still in the city, overlooking a beautiful view. Marie had fallen in love with it the day they had toured the place. It was modern but still homey enough for the now-married couple, big enough for the two of them and possibly a little one down the road.

"What's your safe word, Marie?" Nathaniel asked before continuing on.

"Vanilla."

Nathaniel nodded and gave Marie one last gentle kiss before leading her to the bedroom, treating her like a gentleman would one last time.

The second Nathaniel closed the door behind them, everything changed. Marie was no longer his wife, his lover... she was just his. His to use, pleasure, and own.

Some nights Nathaniel was stern and gentle, and other nights he would fully embody his cruel sadistic form. Either Marie would end a scene in bliss and a hazy post-glow, or with a tear-stained face and scathing marks in need of a week's worth of healing.

Tonight, Nathaniel was ready to give in to the latter.

Marie fell to her knees at the sound of the door closing. Nathaniel didn't say a word.

He walked past Marie, undoing his cufflinks and folding up his sleeves. Only the sound of leather shoes against the hardwood floor and Marie's steady breathing filled the room.

"Eyes up, Marianna."

Marie obeyed. It had taken her a while to get used to her full name coming from her husband's mouth, but Nathaniel had insisted he use it on occasion. Now, she loved it.

"I'm sorry, sir."

"No, you're not - not yet," Nathaniel scoffed as he stood right before Marie, looking down at her as he undid his belt. "Do you want the belt or the flogger?"

"The belt, sir," Marie answered, knowing full well her husband wasn't going to listen.

And he didn't.

"Flogger it is," Nathaniel replied, grabbing both a set of restraining rope and Marie's favorite black leather flogger from a discrete location. "You'll never learn, hm?"

Marie bit back a smile.

"Please teach me then, sir."

Nathaniel smirked at Marie's coy reply, an allusive reference to their past. It also reminded him of the decision he had made five years ago.

Taking Marie's hand in marriage was straightforward to Nathaniel, along with buying a home together and planning to possibly bring a life into this world.

But nothing compared to his decision to put his love for Marie above all else. And looking back, it was the best decision he had ever made.

"Stand up," Nathaniel ordered.

Marie stood up, her heart racing in anticipation as she looked up into her husband's eyes.

"Do you trust me, Marie?"

Marie held out her wrists for Nathaniel to bind together - a gesture forgoing her control and placing her submission in the hands of the man she loved.

"Yes, sir."

With a deep breath Nathaniel looked back into Marie's gaze, as she looked into his. Together, they saw what they always saw.

The light, the love, and the fulfillment they were once unknowingly searching for... before finally finding it in each other.