Chapter 13

Fundy sat infront of Wilbur's dead body, looking down at him.

Fundy's POV

Why... why you.
How... i- i don't get it.
You were near me the whole time-
a-and i didn't really quite know..
Wil.. why..
I couldn't think straight and or properly.
How could i? My best friend is dead.
My best Dad friend- ... is dead.
...

Dead.

Gone.

Forever.

He really didn't want to cry during his work or be vulnerable.

I'm supposed to stay strong. I shouldn't cry, but- i also really feel the need to- No! Come on Fundy. You're at work.
... But i could not for the life of me concentrate on my work.. not now... atleast.

The more he stared at Wil's body, the more he felt like he was going to a break down. He stood up from his chair, slowly, to close the door so noone could come in. Even he was supposed to bring his body in the other room, he couldn't do that. Yet, maybe. Sitting back down on his chair he grabbed Wilbur's, pale and cold hand.

Keep it togther Fundy- keep it together!

...

I sighed-
"H-hey W-wilbur.." i started speaking, but it felt like there was something stuck in my throat. I cleared my throat and continued. "I-i... i don't how or who did this t-to you. ... A-and i'm so so sorry for n-n o.. not being able to help you.." i choked on my words and started tearing up. "I'm sorry!"

He couldn't speak nor could he holds back all of his emotions and cried alot and hard. Gasping for air at times he layed his head on the bed infront of Wil's body, still holding his hand.
The room felt so very cold and dead. Fundy barely noticed the room getting colder and colder. He was to focused on Wilbur and his underlying sadness.

"I w-wished i c..c-ould've been there for y-you!" i choked out. I couldn't keep myself together after Techno left the room, how could i even.

Wilbur's POV

I was just flying around the base, since Dream was still asleep and i didn't want to wake him up nor did i know what to do in general. It's quite big here. Passing some room and such, it's interesting. After passing by many many rooms, i felt my dead heart get cold and it was hurting- well i think since i couldn't actually feel pain. I heard loud crying from a near by room and turned to make my way over there. Slowly landing my feet on the ground, since i didn't feel like flying anymore and even if i couldn't open doors the normal way, i still did it.

Going in slowly i was someone crying. Crying infront of- my body...
I walked a bit closer.
He didn't speak, he only cried and sobbed. Why was he so sad about me?
Did he know me?
I stood a few feet away from him and he just started crying harder and harder. I felt so sad, horrible and-..? .. why do i feel this way..?

"W-WHY D-d- DID YOU HA -AVE TO LE-e-EAVE ME WILBUR-"  he choked out.

His voice was so, so familiar.

He broke down even more and soon fell onto the floor, curled up and covering his face. He did try to stand before, but his legs didn't cooperate really. Shaking very badly.

...

"F-fundy...?" i said quietly.
He didn't hear me, which didn't suprise me really. So i sat next to him and spoke again.
"Fundy... i'm here. Please don't cry."
i think he heared me, because he opened his slowly, still sobbing, looking around.
"W-wi-ilbur..?" he stuttered. "Wilbur?"
"Please don't cry... you're going to make me cry aswell." i said as i slowly made myself visible to him. Sitting down infront of him, smiling.
"I'm still here. Not fully, but still here."
he looked so shooked, rubbing his eyes over and over again, confused, but also happy.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, you're not hallucinaiting. Really."
Fundy opened his mouth trying to speak, well.. tried. He was shaking badly, but not as much as before.
"W-wi-ilbur..? I-is that r-really y-you?" he asked in a shakey voice.
"Yes it's me Fundy, Wilbur."
He was about to reach out to my face with his shakey hand, but i quickly cut him off.

"I know that you want to touch my face, but i am a ghost Fundy. Your hand will just go through me."
Even if i told him that he still did it and no surprise there- it went right through me. He started balling his eyes out again, but i tried my best to comfort him.

"W-why d-d-di you LE- LEAVE ME! WILBUR WHY! WHY-!"
It was devistainting seeing him like this, even if i don't remember much from him.

"Uhm... Fundy.. m-may i ask you something?" i asked as lovingly as i could, even if my voice was kind of broken. He slowly looked up, not fully. Nodding slowly.
".. Uhm.. I don't really remember alot .. like.. from .. or well.. how do i say this.. it seems like we were really close to eachother and.. since i don't really remember alot anymore about it- would you like to talk about the times we had together..?" i really didn't want to upset him even more for not remembering about our times together. He bit his lip, trying to not break down again and he took a deep breath.
With a shakey voice he answered-
"I-i'd lo-ove to..."

And there they sat togther on the floor, Fundy telling all the great times they had spend together and what not. Wilbur was smiling and listening carefully, trying to remember all those times. Fundy seemed a little better now that he knew that his best friend was still here, even if it only was in spirit. Seeing him again was good for him. After what felt like such a long time Fundy's watch started beeping.

"What's the beeping about?" i asked.
"Oh, ... it means that Techno is coming back. I should go back to work." he looked sad again.
"Don't be sad. I will visit you when ever i can or just call out my name. I'll come. Okey?"
He smiled and nodded. We stood up and looked at him going back to his work place, but he took something from under his desk.

"What you got over there?" i asked interested.
"Oh, it's a helmet i made myself since everyone is required to have or own one. We are free to choose how it should look and this one is mine." he seemed proud of it.

It was some sort of mechanical cyber fox helmet. I don't the specific term used for it.

"It kind of embarrassing where i got the actual idea from." he chuckled a bit.
"You can tell me. I won't judge you." i ment it.
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Okey so- as i was looking through some fox mask and or helemt design, i came across some sort of made up species called- Protogen and i thought that the head design they had looked really cool." he explained. "Here look-" he said as he opened a tab searching for them.
"Oh, they do look really cool, i must say." they really did. Like damn.
"You think?" he looked like a happy little fox. It was adorable.
"Of course!" i smiled.

"Uhm- i think i have to go now."
"Mh.. yea, well thank you Wil. Really makes me feel better knowing that you are still here with me."
"I'm glad."

. . .

"Catch you later, Wilbur?"

"Catch you later, Fundy, my little champion-"

"mijn mooie zoon."

i gave a loving fatherly smile after saying that.
I heard him chuckle and he also smiled.

"Love you too, pa."

And with that Wilbur disappeared.
Fundy looked down at his helemt, seeing his reflection. You could tell that he was crying, alot. Atleast he got to see him again.

. . .

. . .

  . . .

Someone knocked on his door.
"Fundy?" they slowly opened the door. It was Technoblade. Looking right infront of him was Fundy, slightly off tho.

He turned around,- "Oh, hello Technoblade."

he was wearing his helemt.

"You are back."