School or Music - Alive!Luke & GradStudent!Reader

THIS WAS A REQUEST I RECIEVED FROM A CLOSE FRIEND ON TUMBLR, ENJOY!

WARNING: SMUT 18+, UNPROTECTED SEX

Being a part of Sunset Curve was the biggest highlight of your life, but the moment school became a priority you began to miss band practice more. As grad school was in high gear once again, the band was on the back burner which was never fair. You wanted nothing more than to be there for Luke and the boys but right now your priority had shifted.

"Luke.... I just can't do this anymore. I can't go between band practice and my grad assignments." You said, petrified of what he was going to say. You knew he was going to be disappointed and there was nothing you could do about that. Grad School was the greater priority and you hated that you had to leave Luke hanging.

"I know baby, I am so proud of you for being able to figure out what you want. I know school has always been your priority, music has always been mine. You have to do what you feel is right for you... okay?" He said, caressing your cheek which only made the blush on your cheeks intensify.

The tears welled in your eyes as he spoke, he was always so sweet when it came to you. He always tried to make you feel that you were doing the right thing in everything you do.

You just looked deep into his eyes, seeing the love that so clearly overtook his expression. Placing a soft hand to his face, you watched as he melted into your touch. It had always been a world just between the two of you, a world full of perfect harmony.

"Baby... thank you. I know it's been crazy, and I had to take a break from the music. But this is going to be so worth it. I am trying to get through school and be apart of your world at the same time." Was all you could find the words to say.

Luke has been your world for so long and you wanted nothing more than to be with him in the present. For 3 years you had been by his side through every act, every lyric, and now it was his turn to be by your side.

"Don't you worry about it, this band will be here whenever you want to return but right now, school is your focus period." Luke knew the right words, no matter what needed to be said. He led you over to the couch before taking his guitar in his grasp.

"I wrote you a song... it is how I feel about you in every aspect of my life. You are my greatest adventure, and I could not be more thankful for you and what you bring into my world." He said, as he began to strum his guitar.

You set me free

You and me together is more than chemistry

Love me as I am

I'll hold your music here inside my hands

We say we're friends, we play pretend

You're more to me, we're everything

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're

In Perfect Harmony

Tears rushed to your eyes as you listened to the soft words fall off his lips, you knew every word was meant for you. He was sharing his heart in the only way he knew how- through his music. He never knew how to open his heart until he met you. You opened him to new perspectives, and he was so grateful.

"I didn't know how to tell you how I was feeling unless it was through my music. You are my whole world Y/N, and I had to tell you that. I love you more than music could ever explain to you." He said, a faint blush was on his cheeks as put his feelings into words.