3, I'll Do It Myself

Is he gone?

He is!

I quickly shifted out of bed and made my way to the door. The glass from the window is too dangerous but if it comes to that... I won't falter. I leaned my head towards the door. Just average everyday sounds. Ticking of a clock some wood creaking here and there. Russia is gone. I go back near the bed and yank open the bedside table. Bingo! My knife. Why would he leave it there? Had my kiss really gained that much trust from him? Ha! I picked the blade up, and spun around towards the door. If I remember it's a keyhole. I think I can try picking the lock. I fiddle with the knife, twisting and turning it around in my palm. 

Click!

Yes! I did it. I swung open the door, and peered outwards, no sign of the Russian. I took that as my okay to go. I quickly turn to the backdoor. He doesn't have it locked ever because there is a trap there. I would know... I grabbed the knob and twisted it. Revealing an unbelievable surprise.

"Canada! Japan! Germany! Poland! Everyone!" I yell.

"America!" Canada took a step forward. My eyes widened, "Wait!" Canada looked at me, shocked.

"Don't step forward, Nada. There's a trap." I point upwards, and Canada and the other look and to their shocks, a net was hanging loosely. He sighed gratefully at me. I went inside, I'll set off the trap with something else. I looked around. Pot. Table, Chair. Jacket. Jacket! I went quickly to the jacket and grabbed it. It doesn't smell like Russia. More like cigars and gruffiness. I looked around the jacket to see if I could find any clues as to who's it was. It was a long Pea Coat. But less soft and more of an animal hide texture. I looked inside. Jackpot! 

"Property... of.... USSR?" I read out loud. Who was that? Could it be a sibling I don't know about? He killed his two sisters at the school. Maybe an older brother? Produced in 1984? Woah! This was WAY old! This is more of my father's age than mine or Russia's. Wait...

"His dad's!" I exclaimed. I'm a good detective. His dad died when he was young, he told me that. Now I feel bad throwing this out for the trap. He's a killer! I don't need to feel bad. I sighed and ran back to the open backdoor. Here we go. I tossed it on the trap, and the net swung down and captured the jacket. 

(3RD PERSON POV)

The brothers quickly grabbed each other into a warm embrace. America felt his brother's tear of happiness soak into his letterman jacket. Before the jacket could get soaked more, the American pulled away.

"I love you, but now is not the time. We have a serial killer on our tail!" The group nodded, and they showed America the way they came up the hill. This part of the forest was way thinner than the front of the house. They made it down onto a sideway. 

"We did it! We got you back!" Vietnam clapped. America grinned at all of them. It's been a while since he really smiled.

"You did shit." A voice grumbled. Shit. America thought as he idly turned around to face his worst fear. A tall Russian male loomed over the group, he was holding a knife in his right hand.