chapter ten

Ron pov

"Blaise was attacked" I must have fainted because I heard Hermione screaming again, Blaise can't be injured... and if he was I would feel it right. But since I was asleep 

"Hermione... if Blaise is my mate why did I not feel the attack?" I had tears rolling down my face and I could barely breathe

"Because you haven't actually kissed, when you kiss you can feel all his injuries. Since you haven't kissed you only feel injuries while in close distance" I let out a sigh of relief, at times like these I'm glad Hermione is a know it all. Hermione began to explain that Blaise was in the hospital wing but he looked really bad, but just knowing he was in the hospital wing had me out the door super fast. I ran through the halls up to the hospital wing, I could hear Umbridge yelling but I needed to see Blaise.

"Blaise! Madame Pomphrey is he okay?" I ran to the tall figure asleep in a bed and gripped his hand, I looked up at the nurse hoping for a good answer my eyes starting to tear up.

"He will be fine, but whatever attacked him was half animal" I looked at Blaise and felt a single tear escape my eyes. I quickly wiped it away once the door slammed open, I looked around and Draco came in. I tried leaving before Draco saw me but he came in before I managed. Draco's eyes were bloodshot and filled with tears.

"What's wrong with him... will he live?" He looked at me with hope in his eyes something I've never seen before.

"Yes he will" I managed to get out those words before he engulfed me into a hug, I hugged him back and told him everything would be fine. Sitting in that hospital room me and Draco got to talking, he wasn't that bad just misunderstood. He doesn't like his dad buying him stuff, and he didn't appreciate being bought for the slytherin quidditch team and he didn't have a choice to be mean. We talked for hours until we heard a soft groan from Blaise

"Blaise are you okay! It's me Ron... squeeze my hand if you can hear me" I looked down at my hand hoping for movement then looked up to Draco who was focused on my hands, I looked back down and felt a small squeeze. I heard a small sigh from Draco and then he called Madame Pomphrey. She was checking over Blaise and me and Draco were told to leave for class. 

I ran up to Hermione how was carrying my books since I was in the hospital wing, she was also carrying my robes since I wasn't in those ether. "Go change in the bathroom I'll wait" I grabbed my robes and mouthed 'Thank You' to Hermione, she was literally my guardian angel. I ran into the bathroom and placed my robes over my head, I grabbed the green hoodie and ran back outside. "Quick we have potions, If we don't show up you will get the quill again" I looked at her with such fear in my eyes and we started running to the dungeon.

We got there just before Snape and sat down beside Harry, I got my book and quill and waited for Snape. He arrived a little annoyed but continued with his lesson. "Turn to page 167, except you Mr Weasley... you're expected in the hospital wing" I grabbed my books and slowly left the classroom, making eye contact with Draco who wasn't expected. I mouthed 'sorry' over to his table which made a few people look back and forth between us.

I left the dungeon and ran for the hospital wing, Blaise must have woken up and I needed to see him. I raced past Mrs Norris who was not pleased with me running, I honestly didn't care because Blaise was awake. I got to the hospital wing must faster then I expected and jogged up the stairs. 

"Is he okay?" I looked around for Madame Pomphrey but instead I spotted Blaise who was sitting up looking at me with a bright smile, I ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. (Making sure to be careful)

"I'm okay Ron... it's just I don't remember what happened." I looked at him confused, "I remember putting my hoodie on you, then kissing your forehead" I looked at him with an awkward smile... of course he remembers that part. "I left your common room and was walking to the dungeon then blank." He looked at me with guilt in his eyes like it was his fault, I hated seeing him this way... I need him back to his flirty self. 

"It's not your fault... you got attacked and your injured just rest. I need you to be okay, Draco needs you to be okay. He was actually in here crying an unnatural sight" I heard Blaise giggle and I knew I helped just a little, and that's all I needed. 

After a little bit of talking I had to leave for DADA with Umbridge... Blaise told me to be careful because he doesn't want me to get hurt again. So I looked him right in the eyes and said "I will not sit beside Blaise" and walked away in a sassy walk. 

**********

I walked into the classroom a little late which caught a lot of attention, Umbridge was turned around so I slipped beside Hermione and pulled out my books to make it look like I was always there. "Let's begin the lesson shall, Weasley! Glad for you to join" I looked around for someone to back me up. I spotted Draco and nodded, he looked at me and his hand rose to the air. He was going to back me up.

"Weasley was always here, your just to blind to see him" I looked at Draco and he smiled at me, I was so glad he had my back now.

Draco pov

I can't believe Umbridge tried to scar Weasley again, is she mad? McGonagall is actually trying to get her fired and hurting the Weasley 2 days in a row, she won't stand a chance. I saw him looking around and we made eye contact, he gave me a look and my hand shot into the sky. 

"Yes Mr Malfoy" Umbridge looked annoyed that I wanted to speak "Weasley was always here, your just to blind to see him" She gave me a dirty look and I looked at Ron and smiled, he owes me one.

I wasn't paying attention the rest of class, I hated DADA now because of Umbridge. I quickly left and because of my free block I went to the hospital wing. Blaise was doing better, since Ron has been there every free minute he had. I wasn't mad Blaise loved his concern, but I hate seeing Blaise being a simp... like seriously it's Weasley.

I had to go back to my dorm since it was almost past curfew, I raced down to the dungeon when I bumped into to someone. "Sneaking out Malfoy?" I look up to see Mercy Reginald, one of the worst Slytherins by far. "I could ask you the same... Reginald" I looked at her right in the eyes knowing she hates it when people say her last name. "Don't call me that!" I smirked and walked away feeling accomplished.

I went to my dorm and went to bed, I slept well but before class I wanted to see Blaise. So I quietly walked out and went to the hospital wing. I crept into the room and walked to Blaise's bed.  I was going to surprise him but I heard snoring and Blaise doesn't snore, I opened the curtain to see Ron sleeping on a chair holding Blaise's hand. It was adorable but I couldn't talk to him... damn Weasley.

I left the hospital wing and just went to the Great Hall to read, I waited until more people came. Some Hufflepuff girl came in followed by Hermione but they were sitting together, which was odd since Hermione was always with Harry, Seamus, Dean, and Neville (sometimes Ron but not since Blaise was injured) I recognized the Hufflepuff, It was Reginald's twin sister. I decided to go say hi since we knew each other since we were children. 

"Hey Reginald" She looked up at me and smiled gesturing me to sit. "I'm assuming you know Hermione?" I looked at Hermione who I bullied for being muggle born... I looked at Hermione with an apologetic smile. She smiled back and held her hand out, I shook her hand and smiled.

 "How is Zabini" Hermione looked at me with a considered look. " I can't tell you but ask Ron he is always there" Hermione smiled and looked at Charity. Hermione soon left which meant me and Charity were left alone. It was hard for us to get along ever since she became a Hufflepuff and has spent her days in a small room in a dungeon, I only know because Mercy talks a lot.

"How is your family" She looked up and then immediately looked back down "It's not good, mom is thinking of not giving me a room at  all... Mercy is telling mom not to. Dad has no opinion since he is in Azkaban, so I'm basically a prisoner." I didn't know what to say so I just hugged her, she squeezed back and whispered how she missed me as a friend. I missed her too.