Prolouge

I sat in my cold, dark cell dreaming about the outside world, wondering if I would ever see it again. My daydreaming was cut short though as an alarm sounded and my door opened. I stepped outside my cell to see everyone running around in a frenzy, shouting "WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" I suddenly realized what was happening, the planet was collapsing. I had heard a guard say this to another guard outside my cell, about "When would the planet be destroyed?" They had been running it dry, drilling and mining it every single day. It looked like I didn't have much time, so I snuck out past the guards and through a back exit to get to the escape pods.

The PA system sounded, a panicked announcer came on. "Everyone has one minute until the planet collapses, make your way to the nearest escape pod!" I started booking it, but so were some guards. They noticed me and started to shout at me.

"Stop that prisoner!"

"Don't let him escape!"

As I kept running, they opened fire. Bullets started whizzing by, coming only inches to striking me. One managed to graze my arm, which then started to hurt like hell. I still kept running. I clambered into an escape pod and clicked Launch. The launching sequence started to begin, but there were still guards shooting at me. Bullets bounced off the glass. 'Thank goodness this thing is armored' I thought to myself. The launch preparations finished and the escape pod was ejected into the air. I started to get worried as I started falling back down but soon enough the thrusters ignited and I started to climb higher into the pale, grey sky. Soon enough, we were out of the atmosphere and in space. I looked out of the window and watched as the planet slowly crumbled in on itself, leaving only the core exposed.

The planet was never anything special, just your average planet that an interplanetary species would like to exploit. I lived on that planet peacefully before the GMC took over and imprisoned all of us for a long life of labor. There was no way we could've fought back, they had weapons and were numbered in the thousands. We on the other hand were a small planet, only a few of us had weapons, and even less of us had the power to do anything. The planet was beautiful. It had lush forests, beautiful towns, and valuable resources. Lots of valuable resources.

I looked down at my arm. My green fur was stained with a dark red, it looked like it was still bleeding. I took the medkit out of the storage unit and wrapped a bandage around my arm. I tried to check the ship's status with my visor but it was still damaged. The guards had always loved to hurt me, either by beating me or just insulting me. Everytime I would heal, they would just beat me again. It was terrible, and I never had anyone to talk to, apart from myself. I just wish I had someone to talk to. A friend.

"If I had to guess, there is enough fuel to get me...somewhere." I sighed. It was hopeless. I was going to be drifting in the cold, dark abyss of space, forever. I looked back at my arm. It seemed to have stopped bleeding, so I took off the bandage and put it back into the medkit. I laid down on the cold, hard surface of the floor and started into space. 'Would I ever end up somewhere?' I thought. Space was so big, the chances of me getting to a different planet were low, and even more so finding one with life. I laid there, hopeless, tired, hurt, and most of all, lonely.