Night full of suprises

Thx again for all those votes you beautiful readers♡! Enjoy!

This night you woke up at around 3 am. You swore that you heard a noise somewhere in your apartment, but weren't sure where. Looking to your side you saw Diavolo sleeping peacefully and hugging a pillow, seemingly lost in his dreams.

Then there it was again. You were sure that someone just opened a door, but it sounded more like your front door. You waited a moment, but heard nothing again. Did someone just leave the house? You waited a bit and tried to figure out what to do. After a while you decided to see who was missing.

Carefully you stood up, trying your best to not wake up Diavolo. Successfully you reached your door and opened it slowly. You peeked around the corner, but saw nothing.

You listened for a while before you decided to check on the others. But before you could reach the living room you heard the window close in your laundry room. So you quickly opened the door and turned on the light to see who was there.

Suprisingly you saw the blond hair of Dio who had his back turned to you. "Dio what are you doing?" you asked him. And more importantly, why was he washing his clothes at night? He didn't turn around and just stuffed his yellow jacket in the washing machine.  "My jacket got dirty" he simply answered. But as he put it inside you noticed the red stains on it.

"Is that blood?" you asked and walked over to him. "Are you hurt?" you asked again since he didn't answer your question. Even more suprisingly, he turned further away from you. "You should leave this room" he told you.

"No obviously there is something wrong, so-" but before you could finish your sentence he stood up and pushed you against the wall. Then you saw it. It wasn't him who was hurt. His hands were full with blood and you still saw some in the corner of his mouth. He stood in front of you and blocked your escape with both of his arms on either side of your head.

"But now that I think about it, you look pretty delicious too" he whispered lowly and cupped your cheek with one of his hands. You felt disgusted by the blood that he smeared across your face. Honestly you were scared, his red eyes glowed more than they ususally did. He turned your head to the side and opened his mouth. You saw his fangs and tried to move away, but his grip on you only tightened. "Sshhh, just hold still for a moment" he spoke in a calming voice. You on the other side were anything but calm.

Just before he could bite you, he was pushed away forcefully by someone else. First thing you did was taking a deep breath, realizing that you held it in earlier. In front of you stood Kars who held Dio in a headlock and kept him from escaping.

"Let go of me this instant" hissed the blonde and clawed at the arms of Kars. He however got out a bottle that was not see-through, opened it and forced Dio to drink it. First you wondered what was inside, but as soon as you saw more red liquid running down Dio's mouth you could've guessed what it was. When the bottle was empty Kars stopped and waited for Dio to gulp down the rest.

"Better?" asked Kars and Dio just nodded. He then let him go and closed the bottle again. "At least when you go out to eat something, eat enough" he scolded Dio and went to go in the living room again. You were left alone with Dio and let me tell you, you did not feel safe at all.

"Next time you should do as I say" he remarked and went to the washing machine again. He wanted to turn it on, but you quickly stopped him.

"Wait, you should wash out blood with cold water" you informed him. Angrily he took his clothes and walked into the bathroom with them. There he threw them in the bathtub and rinsed them with cold water. "Of course I knew that" he told you as he noticed you following him.

You were still afraid to get closer to him and flinched away from his touch when he handed you a load of his clothes to wash. He rolled his eyes and approached you again. "Look I won't hurt you" he said to you and walked even closer.

When he saw you still walked away from him he grabbed your arm and pulled you into a hug. "See? You are still alive." he stated and patted your back softly. "That wasn't the first time you sneaked out right?" you asked him. "Of course not, nothing against those dino nuggets, but they don't satisfy my hunger" he answered you.

"And what about Kars?" you asked. It was clear what he kept inside that bottle and even more suprising was that you never noticed anything. "I have no idea. Sometimes I met him at night, sometimes not" he told you.

You realized that you still hugged him and hesitantly pulled away from him. He looked into your eyes and smiled a bit. He grabbed a towel from your sink and cleaned the blood of your face.  Then he leaned close to your ear. "But I would be lying if I would say that you didn't smell delicious" he whispered. Should you feel flattered or scared by this? You weren't sure about that, so you just excused yourself to go back to bed.

Outside the door you met a half asleep Valentine. He tiredly rubbed his eyes and smiled as he saw you. "What are you doing up this late?" he asked. "I just heard something, but turned out it was only Dio" you told him. He nodded at you and walked into the bathroom.

Thankully Dio was able to get out before him and sneak his clothes out with him. Since the blood was mostly washed out he was able to put them in the washing machine now. You in the meantime walked back inside your room, expecting to find either Doppio or Diavolo in your bed. But to your suprise you saw Diego lying on the floor hugging the dino plushie he got from the amusement park.

"Diego, what's wrong?" you whispered to him, trying your best to not wake up Diavolo again. The jockey looked around the room and then back at you. "I maybe had a dream that wasn't that nice and I can't sleep now." he mumbled into his plushie.

"And so you want to sleep here?" you asked since you guessed that was the reason he was here. He didn't say a thing, but just nodded. You smiled at him and told him to get on the bed. He layed on the opposite side of Diavolo and you in the middle between the two of them.

Once you lied down you felt him hugging you close to him and relaxing after some time. It didn't take long before you heard him snore. The last thing you heard before you fell asleep was Dio walking back into the living room.