Chapter 1

A/N: Rose and Dimitri meet when Rose just turned 16, Dimitri is only 3 years older, not 7,  so just graduated and 19, Ivan is still alive, and the bond between Rose and Lissa is two way.

RPOV:

"Rosemarie Hathaway please come to the to Headmistress Kirova's office."  Came over the intercome system during my Theory 2 class with Alto 1 week after the crash. (A/N: The date of the crash was December 15, so the date would be December 22.) We had a class with him everyday for the last four years of school.

"You are lucky, Hathaway. Very lucky." For some reason Alto hated me. I think he was jealous of my sorry excuse of a mother. I picked up my stuff and walked to Kirova's office. 

I knocked on the door and heard Kirova say,

"Come in."

I walked and saw Alberta standing with a man that I didn't know.

"Oh Rosie." Alberta said and help her arms open. 

"Mommy Allie." I have sobbed and I barrelled into her arms. I knew I looked bad, but I didn't think it was that bad. She hugged me and ran a hand through my hair. Lissa was still in the hospitial.

"You can have the rest of the week off okay, Rosie." I nodded into her shoulder. I pulled back and asked while wiping my tears, 

"Who's he?" 

"I'm Guardian Dimitri Belikov." He put his hand out. I could tell from his accent that he was Russian. He was hot, maybe 6'7, shoulder length brown hair and chocolate eyes.

"Rose Hathaway." I said shaking his hand.

"He's your new mentor." Alberta answered my unasked question.

"What?!!" I nearly screamed shocked. Celeste, Emil, and Yuri burst into the room thinking that there was an emergency .

"You are very lucky to have this oppurtunity, Rosemarie." I flinched at that and Mommy Allie put a comforting hand on my back. 

"I don't need a mentor."

"Rosie..." Mommy Allie sighed.

"You know what happened last time." I countered and she nodded.

"What happened last time."

"She wasn't really my mentor, but every time she came she made it her mission to hurt me. The first time I was 7 and I got this." I rolled up my sleeve and showed him my scar, it was from my wrist to my elbow. "It grows with me. When I was 10 she came back and I got this." I lifted up the egde of my shirt and showed him the scar. It was a small circle about 2cm diameter. "The next time she came to visit I was 13 she gave me this." I  rolled my pants up and showed him the scar. It was on the inside of my tigh at the top to front in front of my ankle. "They were all caused by her stake." I normally don't tell all this to some stranger, but I felt like I could be open with him and he wouldn't judge me for it.

"If you don't mind me asking, who?"

"My mother dearest, Janine Hathaway." He gasped. "Yup."

"Wow... I'm so sorry."

"Eh..." I shrugged. "So why am I here?"

"He is your future guarding partner." Mommy Allie said.

"Okay, cool, but does he have to mentor me?"

"Yes, Rosie. You need to know each others move so you can be coordinated." I sighed.

"Fine. Can I go to the wall for a little tho?" I asked bringing out the puppy dog eyes that I know she couldn't resist. As I thought she caved and looked to Kirova.