When I Wake Up ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

⚠️⚠️TRIGGER WARNING SEXUAL ASSAULT⚠️⚠️

I walk up to Ino's house to be greeted with a much larger party than I originally expected.

The front yard was littered with people, most of them holding red solo cups. I recognize a lot of them as ninjas I went to school with.

I take my phone out of my wristlet to text Shikamaru and let him know that I'm here.

I squeeze myself through the crowd of people and into the house where I find even more people all drinking, smoking, talking and laughing.

I can hardly hear myself think over the loud music that's blasting throughout the crowded home.

I stand in the doorway and look around trying to find anyone that I know.

Finally, I spot Kiba and Shikamaru in a corner of the kitchen together and I head their way.

I walk through a couple of groups, politely excusing myself until I'm standing in front of the two boys

Shikamaru gives me a big smile and I can tell he's already a little bit tipsy.

"Ariiii! I'm so glad you came!"

He reaches out and pulls me into a hug.

The smoke coming off of his joint attacks my face and my eyes start to water.

"Hey, me too!" I turn to Kiba.

"Hey Kiba! It's so good to see you."

He flashes me a toothy grin, his right fang glimmering in the light.

"You too Ari. You look great."

"Thank you!"

I have a special connection with Kiba, along with his teammates Hinata and Shino.

Kurenai was their Sensei so when I lost a sister they lost a teacher and a mother figure.

They mourned Kurenai in a similar fashion as I did.

"You want a drink?" Shikamaru yells near my ear.

I shake my head.

"No, thanks. I'm not drinking tonight."

"That's no fun!" Kiba teases.

"I know but I'm taking a break for tonight."

He nods his head in understanding.

Sakura appears by my side holding two red cups filled with alcohol.

She's in a short bright red dress with a black belt tied at her waist, accentuating all the curves I didn't know she had.

"Damn girl, you look amazing!"

My enthusiasm surprises me and must surprise her as well because she stares back at me with wide eyes.