Chapter 1

Vernon Chwe was going in to a modeling studio when he was only around 13 or 14 years old. There, he met then, 11 or 12-year-old Nancy McDonie. They were asked to model as a couple for this clothing brand. They became close friends through working together and modeling together. Later on, down the road, Vernon joined Pledis Entertainment at 14 years old, after getting street casted. Nancy joined MLD Entertainment at 16 years old, after participating on M-Net's reality show: Finding MOMO LAND. It made them wonder, they haven't really spoken since their modeling days, how each other were doing. After debuting in 13-member K-Pop group, SEVENTEEN, at age 17 years old, in 2015, he was having the time of his life. He became a rapper and performer, which he always dreamed of. At the time of Nancy's debut, Vernon was already celebrating his 1st Anniversary with SEVENTEEN. When Vernon found out that Nancy had also debuted in a K-Pop group, it made him want to go find her again. They had been such close friends before, they wondered what had went wrong to cause them to stop talking.

So, the search for Nancy was on. Vernon did his best to look out for her at award shows and concerts that both MOMOLAND and SEVENTEEN would be attending. Then, finally, at the backstage waiting room, Vernon had bumped into Nancy while walking down the hallway.
"Oh, sorry." Vernon said.
"No, it's fine. Hey, wait. You look very familiar." Nancy said.
"Do I? Wait, Nancy?" Vernon asked.
"Yeah!" Nancy exclaimed.
"Oh my God, it's been so long. How have you been?" Vernon asked.
"I've been doing good. What a coincidence that we've both debuted in K-Pop groups." Nancy said.
"Yeah. I've been looking for you for a while. I had wondered what you gotten up to after we did that one modeling shoot." Vernon said.
"Oh, you know, I competed in a survival show and won. Now, here I am, having debuted in MOMOLAND." Nancy said.
"Wow, congratulations! I watched you guys perform, you girls are really talented." Vernon said.
"Aww, thank you." Nancy said.
"No problem. Hey, how about we meet up for coffee or something?" Vernon asked.
"I'd like that, yeah." Nancy said.

*Fast Forward to the Present*
Vernon and Nancy have been seeing each other pretty frequently since they last reunited in 2017. Now, it's 2020, and they've become the best of friends all over again. Who knew it would go from modeling together to having to find each other at their concerts? It's crazy how the world works sometimes. Some people are just meant to find each other again. After a while of chatting with Vernon, Nancy is realizing that she is catching feelings for him. She didn't know before, since they were so young, but now, they've had pretty intense glow ups. They're full adults now, and Nancy has no idea how she's going to tell Vernon that she has feelings for him. That she has the biggest crush on him now. It's not just his looks for her, no. It's his incredible personality, the way he's able to listen to her. Vernon has clear goals for the future, and Nancy loves that about him. He also has a lot of dignity. Somehow, Vernon ended up being Nancy's ideal type, and he was standing right next to her, all those years ago.

Eventually, Nancy gathers enough courage to call Vernon on the phone.
"Hey, I need to talk to you about something. Are you able to stop by my dorm?" Nancy asked.
"Oh, sure. What's up?" Vernon asked.
"Nothing, I just need to tell you something." Nancy said.
"Okay. I'll be right over then." Vernon said.

Luckily enough for both of them, it was their day off for both groups. They rarely get days off these days, but with the current situation on the outside, it was better for groups to slow down their activities for now. Vernon goes over to Nancy's dorm, where she is very, very nervous about what she's about to confess to Vernon. She wrote down what she was gonna say to him a billion times, but she feels like just saying it will be better than reading a little sticky-note. When Vernon knocks on her dorm door, she jumps up and answers the door.
"Hey, come in." Nancy said.
"So, what'd you need to tell me?" Vernon asked, sitting down on the couch next to her.
"Well, uh. . . I. Oh, I don't know how to tell you this. I know we recently met after such a long time. I just don't know how tell you." Nancy said, obviously nervous.
"Just tell me. We're friends." Vernon said.
"That's the thing," Nancy sighs, then blurts, "I like you, Vernon!"
"Oh?" Vernon asked, with a shocked expression.
"Yes. . . I didn't know when or how I should tell you, but now it's just slipped and I-"
Vernon interrupts by kissing her, Nancy turns bright red, but kisses him back, "You should have told me sooner." Vernon said with a wink.
"Oh God. . . I was just scared. I didn't know what your company's rules are about dating. I know for sure my company is strict about these things." Nancy said.
"My company is pretty chill with dating. It's our lives after all." Vernon said.
"I get that, but some companies are not as chill. You got lucky, me not so much." Nancy said.
"Well.  . . I'm sorry. I didn't know your company is so strict about it. We should talk things through with our companies, see if it'll be okay for us to continue this." Vernon said.
"Yeah, you're right." Nancy said.

Nancy and Vernon had to end things so abruptly because they were unsure if their company would be okay with them being a couple. Nancy now knows that Pledis Entertainment is okay with their artists with dating. As for MLD Entertainment, the last thing rumors like this were in the air, with Nancy and Q of THE BOYZ, her company had to shoot down all the rumors. It is true that Nancy is just friends with Q, and they were just hanging out, having a few drinks. With Vernon and Nancy, she wants to make sure that going through with this relationship will be okay. She knows all too well what the consequences would be if the rumors got too bad about them. They would be forced to break up and just be friends. For now, Nancy wants to keep this relationship as private as she can. She doesn't want to risk anything, especially since both their groups are doing so well.