♤ One ♤

Ever since she arrived, I can't get her out of my mind. It's kind of exhausting sometimes.

Once, we exchanged a couple sentences in the hallway, where she asked something. I don't know what it was, I just remember her beautiful hair in a ponytail and the sky blue eyes staring at mine. Her soft voice embraced me.

It does make me jealous, always seeing her with the red haired girl.

Sometimes, when I'm alone, I really wish she would be with me here. We could talk about our favorite books and hang out at the library to find a few books for each other. Then we could go to someone's dorm and cuddle, reading the books and talking about them.

"Y/N? Y/N L/N!" I shriek and stare at the woman in front of me, who wants to teach the class in dancing.

"Pay attention to the steps! You are going to repeat them with a partner afterwards." She demands and starts to hum and take a few steps.

But as soon as she starts to dance, my thoughts and my eyes trail off and search for the blue eyes I admire so much.

"And now, Y/N, step forward and repeat the choreography!"

Shocked and embarrassed, I do, what I was told.

Just, that I don't know what choreography I should dance.

A frustrated sigh escapes the teachers mouth and I look down in shame.

"Well, can somebody please dance with her, to show her the steps again?" She looks around, but there was no raising hand. Except for one, which has a brown glove on.

I know who this belongs to, even if I can't see her behind all the other students.

"Alright, step forward and take the hands of your dance partner."

I don't know if my stomach is twirling because of happiness or if it wants to get rid of the awful breakfast I had this morning.

Hopefully it's the first case, since I can definitely feel all the dopamine in my body.

As soon as I see the brown shoes on the floor, I look up.

Taller than I thought.

But I don't actually mind.

I slightly smile at her and she does the same. My heart jumps out and dances on the floor, instead of me dancing with the woman I adore.

"Hi" she whispers and takes my hand into hers, while softly laying her hand on my waist.
"Is it fine, like this?" She whispers again and then it clicked in my head.

She is talking to me....she....is talking...TO ME?!

"Uh, hi, y-yeah of course it's fine." I say, a faint blush appearing on my cheeks as I lay my free hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, ladies! Let's play the music and you can dance the choreo!" The teacher claps her hands twice, I hear a girl stepping towards the music player and turning it on.

Soft and calm music plays in the background, while all these people watch, as we begin dancing.

I really try, not stepping on Violet's feet and I actually manage to follow her silent demands she whispers.

My smile doesn't vanish for a second, since this is probably one of the most wonderful things that is happening to me this day. Or this week. Maybe even in this whole year.

Violet often catches my eyes and we hold the eye contact for many seconds. I notice her smile. The same she had, when she greeted me earlier.

"Beautiful..." the word just slips through my lips and I want to slap my hand over my mouth to keep it shut, but Violet stopped me, since it's the hand she is holding.

Our feet and bodies danced on their own, like they would have never done anything else.

A little sadness washes over me, when the music stops and we stand still.

"Marvelous! Now, Y/N, do you know the steps?" I nod and the grip around my hand and waist loses.

"Wait! Before we end the lesson, everybody will dance once again. Get a partner and get on the dancefloor, I want to see everybody dancing!" The woman yells.

"Excuse me? Violet is actually my part-"

The dance teacher interrupts her rudely, "I don't care and you shouldn't either! You won't dance with her forever! Get a girl and hurry!"

Maybe I imagined it, but I think I could see some kind of jealousy or frustration in the girls eyes, who always danced with Violet before.

"Don't worry." Violet says, when she sees my worried face.

The teacher, again, clapped her hands and the music starts to play and all people start dancing.

The whole time, I just concentrate on Violet and me and our beautiful dance.

Every eye contact, every touch, my body reacts with butterflies and goosebumps all over me.

Perfect...

♤♤♤