Jamil and Kalim

"Jamil, let's play!!!" Young Kalim ran to young Jamil grinning.

"Ok." Jamil said remembering what his parents told him.

"Listen, Jamil. Don't just keep beating Master Kalim. Make sure to keep two or three losing streaks." Says his father patting his child's head.

"You're smart so we know you can imagine our life we're in, right?" Says his mother looking sad for her child.

I'm Jamil Viper. Servant of Kalim. I always hate that our family is below his family. We can't be free. We can't do what we want to do. But we don't have money to support our needs if we don't live as Kalim's servant.

I hated Kalim. I hate that he's easy going and happy go lucky. I hate it when he grins asking me to play with him when we we're kids. I hate it. I hate Kalim.

But I also hate myself for having feelings for him, how my hatred fades when I'm with him, how I can just stare when he smiles, the smile only I can see, how my heart beats when we're together.

He always asks me to ride a magic carpet with him. I remember him teaching me how to fly with it. Then the next thing I know, he taught me so he can sleep.

"Kalim.. Kalim.." Slept again leaning on my shoulder. I knew it.

"Hnngg..." Kalim moving a little bit.

"Let's go home so you can sleep in your room." Many times, I want to leave Kalim somewhere he doesn't know when he sleeps on the magic carpet. But I can't because Kalim always hugs me tight and I can't let go. I hate Kalim. But my heart always betrays me and beats so fast with him, Kalim by my side.

If I'm not a servant, and he's not a master, were things gonna be different between us?

Or if I'm equal with him, are we even gonna meet?

If I am a girl, a princess, can we be together?

I hate my job. But I can't still help myself to do everything for him, even if it means dying. I am a servant but I always wish we could be something more.

***

"Father, who is she?" Young Kalim asked the sultan, his father while staring at the girl playing at the corner of the palace.

She has long hair. Her face looks stunning even with a young age but she's not wearing elegant clothes. She also has pretty eyes.

Looking at her made him blush and want to go near her. But he's so embarrased and couldn't walk. He can only stare at her until the sultan passed him.

"Hahahaha Kalim. He's not a girl." The the sultan laughed at him and he got shocked. Is it possible for a boy to look pretty?

"His name is Jamil Viper. He's a son of one of our servants." His father explained.

"He's a servant? No way..." Kalim said blushing even more.

"Why don't you play with him? He seems alone." the sultan encouraged him to play with Jamil. He is the one who taught him how to be friendly.

"J-Jamil." He said but can't say anything more.

"Huh? Master Kalim, what do you need?" at the young age, Jamil was forced by his parents to know the royal family so he can at least respect them.

"Ah. Uhm Jamil let's play together." then Kalim pulls his hand on their way to the library. There, they play mancala, a board game.

We became friends since then. He even told me his unique magic, 'Snake Whisper', a magic which he can hypnotize people and have them obey him. It's a useful magic, isn't it?

Everytime I'm with him, I always fall for him. But I can't. My family won't allow it. They said I have to marry a princess and have an heir. I'm the heir after all.

Sometimes, I want to escape so I always ask Jamil to have a magic carpet ride with me. I taught him how to ride with it so I can have an excuse to get close with him. But then I always fell asleep and when I woke up, I am in my own room.

I always wonder what Jamil thinks about me. Does he feel the same towards me?

But then one day my questions have been answered by his overblot. He told me how much he hates me, how much he hates being with me. After that I felt conscious. I gave Jamil space but instead of getting away from me, he continues being my servant.

I don't really think of Jamil as my servant. I think of him as my friend. I don't want him to act as my servant. And as the time passed, I want him to be my lover.

If I'm a girl, would he notice my feelings for him?

If I'm not a prince, can we be together?

I'm an heir, expected to have an heir. But I always wish that Jamil and I can be more than friends and more than master and servant.