22 || the truth

THREE DAYS PASSED AND CLARKE STILL HADN'T BEEN RELEASED FROM MEDICAL. Jasper and I had been trying to visit her at least three times a day, if not, more. President Wallace had requested for Jasper to meet him in his office. Apparently I wasn't allowed to come. 

I waited outside the President's office for Jasper to finish his chat with Wallace.

"Let me know what you decide," I heard the president say as Jasper exited the office.

"What'd he want?" I asked as I walked beside Jasper toward the elevator.

"Clarke ran away," He said, his voice wavering a little. She ran away? Clarke wouldn't just abandon us. I watched Jasper's expression turn from sadness and confusion to anger and betrayal.

We went straight to the dorms where Monty was waiting. Jasper told him everything the president said and I was still trying to wrap my head around the whole situation. He mentioned the president would let us go out and find her ourselves so that's what I was gonna do.

"And you believe him?" Monty scoffed.

"Yes, I believe him," Jasper grumbled. "Clarke left us. She faked being crazy so she could get into Medical and she took off."

"We need to go after her," Monty declared. I was with Monty on this one. If it were any of us in her position, she would come after us.

As if on cue, Maya walked in. Monty and I both rolled our eyes. Maya seriously has Jasper completely whipped. I used to like her, now I think it's rather annoying how she has Jasper wrapped around her finger.

Monty walked over to his bunk with a huff and grabbed a bag.

"Where are you going?" Jasper asked annoyedly.

"The drop ship, for starters." Monty started shoving his things into the bag. I grabbed a pack and did the same. Maya walked up to Jasper.

"I just heard," She stated. "You're leaving?"

"Yes. We are," Monty cut in before Jasper could refuse.

"No. We're not." Jasper countered.

"Clarke would do it for you," I piped up.

"No, you can't. It's too dangerous," Maya whimpered to Jasper.

"Don't worry. I'm a coward," Jasper replied.

"Damn right he is," I muttered under my breath. Monty heard and held back a chuckle. Maya and Jasper started being all mushy and motivational, which made me want to vomit. I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying until a siren started going off.

"Radiation," Maya whimpered. Her skin started to bubble and blister, just like the guys in the forest. "There's a containment breach!"

"How?" Jasper panicked.

"I don't know!" Maya shouted and ran to the door, only to find that her keycard wouldn't work. Something in my gut was telling me this wasn't a coincidence.

"What do we do?" Monty started panicking, too.

Maya tried the other door, only to have her keycard decline again. She turned to face us. Her skin was covered in blisters and burns. It was really scary to look at. Jasper and Monty raced to the door and started banging on the small windows that were just at their head level.

"Help! Help!" They screamed through the door. I bent down beside Maya.

"Hey, you're gonna be okay." I tried calming her. "They're gonna get help. You're gonna be fine, okay?"