Epilogue: Part Two

By morning, all signs of their nightly conversation had evaporated. The boys lay on bed, tangled in the sheets and each other, when the alarm signaled the start of a new day. And like every morning, Lance groaned loudly and rolled over, covering his head with a pillow. Keith whined as well, but more in reaction to the loss of Lance's warmth. Grumpily, he pushed out of the bed and shivered as the cold air hit his bare chest. "Get up, lazy ass," he told Lance. Lance grunted something incoherent back. Keith raised his eyebrow and started gathering his outfit for the day, before throwing Lance another gaze. His boyfriend still hadn't moved. "Alright, but I'm showering first."

Lance shot up from the bed, instantly awake. "Wait, no! You know my skincare takes--Keith wait!" But before he could get across the room, Keith had closed and locked the door.

"Oh, come on, babe." Lance's voice dropped a few octaves. "We could always shower... Together," he mused, smirking to himself. Sure, he and Keith hadn't done more than kiss, but he'd definitely thought about taking it further... How could he not? Keith was.. Insanely pretty, and he had these nice muscles and the cutest butt to ever exist.

Keith's short reply wiped the smirk off his face. "Fuck off, Lance." Lance rolled his eyes and pushed away from the wall, falling back into bed to wait for his turn in the bathroom.

Keith, on the other hand, wasn't feeling relaxed at all. Red cheeks and wide eyes, he stared at himself in the mirror. Had Lance really suggested they could shower together? Had it just been a joke, or did his boyfriend actually want that? He shook away the thoughts and started the shower, before dropping his sweats and boxers. Lance wanted to see him naked? Did he only want to shower, or do.. Other things as well? Sure, the brunet had always been flirty, and it had only worsened since they got together. But they were only jokes, right?

Well, they were dating now, which did imply certain things. It was just.. Keith hadn't done them before. When trying things for the first time, he liked to be alone, so he could fail without all the embarrassment. And with this particular subject, trying on his own wouldn't work.

Shaking his head, he stepped under the hot stream. Lance had probably just been kidding anyway. The middle of an intergalactic spacewar was not an appropriate moment to lose his virginity.

~~~

"I still think this is weird."

Pidge kicked her feet up on the breakfast table and gestured to the two boys opposite her. "I mean, you guys couldn't stand the sight of each other just a week ago. And now you're... Making out everywhere," she scrunged up her face in disgust at those words.

"We don't make out everywhere!" Keith defended quickly, flaring red from anger or embarrassment. Lance raised an eyebrow at him as the corners of his mouth lifted. God, his boyfriend was cute when he got angry.

Shiro chuckled, pushing Pidge's legs off the table and leaning back against the table. "Pidge, stop teasing them. Be grateful that they stopped fighting. I, for one, am glad to not have to break up their arguments every few minutes." 

"But why?!" Pidge exclaimed, raising her hands to the sky as if she expected an answer from God himself. Hunk, who sat to her left, pursed his lips before speaking. "Well, my guess would be that Keith got sick of that idiot's constant flirting, and reasoned he'd stop if the idiot in question got into a relationship. No more messing around with aliens for you, Loverboy Lance," he joked. 

Lance pouted like a child, and Keith tried to ignore the feelings that came with that sight. Would Lance prefer to be free of him, free to flirt with the whole galaxy? Then why had he asked him out in the first place? The ravenette stuffed his face with food and ignored the jealousy.