•.𝕠𝕟𝕖.•

"Happy birthday day to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Wilbur happy birthday to you! Ayyy!"
I smiled as I blew out 17 candles on a vanilla cake, it was frosted with yellow frosting and smelled like lemons. I laughed as everyone asked me what I wished for.

"Tommy I can't tell you, then it won't come true" he scoffed and tubbo tried to get me to talk. Glancing over to Techno and Phil they just smiled at me and Phil pointed to the four presents on the wood table.

"Fine fine, I wished for you all to be happy!" I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Oh, that's bullshit man what did you wish for?" The dyslexic asked me, "you guys are annoying" Walking over to the other side of the dinner table I grabbed a small box wrapped in.. well wrapping paper.

It was small, about the size of my hand. I shook it slightly to hear what was inside, 3 objects. They sounded like 3 objects. "Come on already and open it" Techno complained, so I didn't waste more time ripping the box open. It was quite easy and I saw what was inside. I beamed with happiness as I saw 4 different colored guitar picks.
"Thank you!"

Tubbo smiled at me and mumbled a happy 'no problem'. I went on with Technoblades gift, it was encased in dark blue wrapping paper. It was pretty big and felt like it was in a wooden box of sorts. Again, wasting no time I ripped the wrapping paper and saw a wooden box. I had to flip it over to see that the top had a glass cover and inside was an 8-9 inch pocket knife. The knife part was white, while the sharp end was a soft yellow color and the handle was black. "It reminded me of you so I got it"

I could tell he wanted to roll his eyes at me, it's in character for him to not show emotions. But I knew he was happy that I liked it so much. I went on with Tommy's gift.

----

I check my phone for the time, 6:45 pm. We finished celebrating my birthday and I had left to go sit at the docs, sitting down with my boots off. I take in the scenery. The clouds overlapped each other, the sun slowly getting lost behind the blue sea. The sky was turning from a purple orange color to a dark blue as the night draped over.

I like to remember good thoughts. It didn't matter when it happened, it could have been 30 seconds ago and I would hold on to the memory like my life depend on it. Just so I could smile, so I could feel joy without remembering the bad.

Bringing my gaze down the sea, swaying my feet back and forth slowly. I noticed a small family of salmon.

There were two adult salmon and two smaller salmon that I could only assume were babies. Or their kids. It was so memorizing, seeing life take a different form. Any type of life could be happy. Why wasn't I? It's not that hard, I just have to smile. Make everyone be fooled and trick them with laughter. Maybe if I did that long enough would start to believe it too, I could trick myself into thinking I'm enjoying life.

I didn't notice one of the adult salmon missing from the group, nor did I care. I'd rather not waste my energy on thoughts that didn't matter, that was a lie.

I didn't notice a person sit next to me, nor did I care. That was a lie. I did care, it is not that bad to care about things. I glanced over to them, they had light pink hair that stopped right before hitting their elbow. Their nose was a button nose. How cute. They were wearing a dress, it was a green murky color. It matched nicely with their hair.

"Hi, I'm sally!" They smiled at me, reaching their hand towards me wanting a handshake. "Wilbur" giving them a half-smile. "Why are you sitting here all alone, it's sad." They look away to stare at the moon. "I'm just thinking, you?"

"I just wanted to make you smile, you seemed like you needed it."

"Thanks" I giggled. We talked for hours. We laughed, we joked around and chased each other around. It was fun. I finally felt pleased with life. It felt like I took life by the neck and said fuck you. But that had to end, everything does at one point.

----

Slowly closing the front door tried to not make any sound, I hate making noise. It didn't matter that much because Phil was on the couch watching whatever was on the TV.

"Hey wil" Phil spoke. "Hey" I waved at him with a hit of joyfulness in my tone. "What's got you in a good mood?" He turned to face me as I entered the kitchen looking for cold water. "I uh, I met someone" I could feel him smile.

I'm not the most social person, even if I wanted to be. I'm just not good at it. Talking isn't my strong suit. So I was kind of news when I came home and made a friend. "Proud of you bud, what's their name" he hushed trying not to make noise. It was 4:20 am after all. Tommy was probably asleep and Techno, well he's Techno.

"Her name is sally, she's so pretty. And- fuck" Phil smirked, he's the father of 3 sons. He knows when one of his sons crushing like the back of his hand. "Phil, Phil am I..?" He just put his hands up in defense as choose not to say anything. He grabbed the remote and turned took the volume off mute and just stayed with a smiling expression. He knew. I knew. Damnit this can't be happening to me.

I didn't want to admit it and in all honesty. I probably shouldn't have asked for her number. I most likely shouldn't have even said my name when she asked. But I did, and that was my one mistake.

I wished to be happy.

----

----

Hey! How was that? This is the first serious fanfics I don't know. Just so you know updates are most likely going to be slow since ya know. I fucking hate school but it'll.

Also, tell me if this chapter was too short/long. I can't retell if you prefer longer or shorter chapters please let me know!
Anyways ily and thank you so much for reading.
(Word count, 1100)

-Tye