XVII

[Grian]

      It was finally Christmas, 24th of December. We were taking a small break from the Civil War so we could celebrate Christmas together with all of the Hermits. It was going to be my first Christmas with the Hermits. It was also going to be my first Christmas with my siblings, The Mains. It had been almost a year since I joined The Council as a Main Watcher. Also it had been almost a year since I had graduated from the Watcher Academy and almost six years since the Evo accident. Time sure flies fast.

I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a red Christmas sweater, which I really liked. I looked at my communicator to see the clock. I still had half an hour before I had to leave. Also I knew that Sherenidy and Xenex would be there. It was going to be really interesting because Xisuma had never told the Hermits about his brother. From what I had heard, the had done some kind of prank where Xenex had pretended to be Xisuma's "evil twin" called Evil Xisuma. And apparently the Hermits hated this "Evil Xisuma" character. Luckily they didn't know that Xenex and Evil Xisuma were the same. Shen had also mentioned something about just pretending to be guests and nothing special to Xisuma.

I turned around as I heard the sound of rockets and saw someone land in front of me. I recognized the person immediately, he was a good friend of mine, the Mumbo Jumbo himself.

"Hey Mumbo!" I greeted him with a smile.

"Hey G!" He greeted me back. "Are you excited for your first Christmas party in Hermitcraft?"

"Yeah, it's been years since I last spent Christmas with a bigger group," I told.

Mumbo looked surprised. I remember the six last Christmases I had spent in the Watcher Academy. There I had only had a small party together with my roommate, who happened to be Xenex.

"That's interesting," The mustache man said.

"I guess," I shrugged.

"Should we get going now? You probably don't want to be late," The mustache man smiled.

"Sure!" I smiled back.

We both spread our elytras and flied to the Christmas district where the party was held. We landed next to Iskall and Stress who were talking with Ren and Doc. They all greeted us.

"Hey G, it's your first Christmas in Hermitcraft! How is it going?" Ren smiled.

"Got to say that I had forgotten how it feels to celebrate Christmas with a whole group. I have gotten too used to spending it alone with Xen, I guess," I spoke.

"With who?" Iskall was interested.

"A great friend of mine," I told not wanting to reveal too much.

"So you have friends, eh?" Doc joked and I laughed with the others.

"I have a lot of friends!" I laughed.

"You should introduce them to us someday," Stress smiled.

"Yeeeaah, maybe someday. Let's just say that they might be a little weird sometimes," I grinned.

"How weird?" Mumbo asked tilting his head.

{Flashback}

"What the fuck is 6x9?" Upton shouted.

"Don't ask me, use the fucking calculator!" Kasen responded.

"I don't know what's 6x9 but I know that 69x69÷69 is 69," Sherenidy said not raising her eyes from the book she was reading.

"What the fuck ᓭ⍑ᒷリ?" Mao jumped into the conversation.

"Why do you even need to know what's 6x9?" Xelqua asked from Upton.