your majesty

[note: so, i tried to add more than one photo, but apparently wattpad doesnt work like that so :D gotta work with what we have i guess]

18 years ago; Ages 5 & 4

Her small hands gripped her mother's gown as she hid behind the material of the dress.

She was not used to seeing someone of her age around the palace, she was always surrounded by people way older than her. And so, to see someone similar to her is quite an unfamiliar feeling.

"I see you finally brought your son." Her father spoke, referring to the young boy who stood beside his father.

"Ah yes, I've decided that I want to start teaching him the ways while he's still young." The other man responded.

Her father nodded. "I won't be surprised if he grows to be as good as you. You are the best guard in the palace after all. I'm sure he'll do well."

"Thank you, your highness." The man lightly bowed before the king.

"What is your name young man?" He knelt down, eye-level with the boy.

"My name is Corpse, your highness." The kid answered with a smile.

The king chuckled at the boy's vibrant aura, ruffling his hair.

The young girl watched everything unfold, her eyes trained on the boy the whole time. She was amazed and happy to finally see someone like her. She used to think that she was the only one in this world, since her parents didn't let her out of the palace at all.

"Why don't you say hi to Corpse, sweetie?" Her mother mumbled to her daughter, gaining her attention.

She simply just shook her head and shied away further.

10 years ago; Ages 13 and 12

Y/N went out to the palace's garden for a stroll around. She always loved to watch the flowers bloom before her eyes, taking in each and every one of the colors of the petals.

And of course, she was accompanied by a special someone, a friend.

"Hey Corpse, look at this flower! It's so pretty, isn't it?" She said as she picked it up and turned to show it to him.

He stood behind her keeping a small distance. A small, almost unnoticed, smile erupted on his face.

"It is, princess."

She puffed her cheeks "I already told you, you don't have to call me that when there is nobody around."

"My apologies princess, but I can't do that." He said softly with a small smile

"Why not? I call you Corpse all the time, it's not fair." Y/N muttered, crossing her arms on her chest. 

Present Day

Y/N

"Sorry for taking your time again, Alice. I know you have other more important places to be right now."

Alice was my friend. My best friend for that matter, she was my first girl friend, other than Corpse of course. She worked in the palace as one of the maids but I don't like referring to her as that. Her and Corpse were the ones who stuck by my side, through thick and thin. And I'm very grateful to have them both. 

"Don't apologize Y/N, it's no problem!" She said gleefully, as she combed through my hair putting it into a half up-do.

Unlike Corpse, Alice and I address each other by our names without the titles. But we promised to only talk like that when we are alone. We didn't want to stir any trouble from any sides.