a taste pt.2

Y/N

A few days has passed since that incident that night, and ever since then, I have not went out. I was scared of being bit again.  Although I have to admit, I was lucky to not have died. 

But I knew I couldn't stay indoors for too long. Eventually I had to go out.

My stomach started grumbling, signaling that it was hungry. I stepped into my kitchen and opened my fridge, but I was welcomed with an empty fridge. 

"I must have used all the remaining food I had." I said scratching my head.

"I guess I have no choice but to go out." I sighed.

I got myself ready and with a deep breath I opened my door and took my first step outside.

In a way it feels different, ever since that night, things have changed my perspective. The fear within me has increased. 

While I was walking, I noticed someone behind me, not sure if he was following me or perhaps he was going to the market as well? I told myself that he was probably just on his way to buy some stuff from the grocery, just like me. 

"Yeah, he probably is just on his merry way." I said softly. But my fear didn't settle down, I could still feel my heart rapidly beating. 

Thankfully I reached the store, I entered and felt a little bit safer. I roamed around each aisles and searched for whatever I needed. 

CORPSE

"There you are." I said with a slight smirk.

After days of not stepping out, she finally did. She probably was scared ever since the night we met. But damn, her blood and smell was irresistible. A side of me wanted more, another side, wanted something else, something that I have never felt before. 

"Ugh, collect yourself Corpse." I shook my head at the thought.

I followed her from above, jumping from roof to roof of each buildings. Usually I would hate having supernatural powers, but now was an exception. 

I stopped in my tracks for a moment and saw a guy walking behind her, he didn't seem friendly. I decided to keep a close eye on them both, incase anything will happen.

I looked at the girl and saw her step inside the grocery store. And the guy following right behind. 

"Hmm, something doesn't feel right." I jumped down from the buildings, making sure no one would see me. I fixed the hood on my head before walking in, trying to find her.

I saw her pushing her cart around an aisle, the man was stalking her. 

"What a bastard." I growled.

Y/N

From the corner of my eye I can still see the stranger lurking, pretending to buy. 

My heart was beating so fast, I tried to calm down but it was no use. I took a deep breath and walked away from him, hoping he would leave me alone. 

Once I got everything that I needed, I headed to the cashier and paid for everything. While the items were being scanned, I looked around and didn't see the man, a slight feeling of relief came to me, but I still have to be cautious. 

I grabbed the bags and left the place, making my way back home. But that feeling, immediately went away when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned around and saw the same man from earlier running towards me, I tried to run but he was faster than me.