the mission

'Come to my office now'

"Yes sir"

The voice of her boss was heard over the line. Y/N worked as an undercover 'assassin' or 'hitman'. In other words, she's hired to kill anyone who commits a big crime without the police being knowing.

Y/N was on her way to her boss' office. Head up high with confidence as she strode forward.

However, she slowed down after seeing Corpse appear from the side hall that was connected to the main hallway. Corpse was his code name, used to cover his real identity. It comes in handy during missions.

Her heart started to quicken its pace. Cheeks slightly tinted pink. She looked away from him, not wanting him to see her flushed face.

"Did he call you too?" He asked looking down at her. Their height difference was evident, despite Y/N having an average height.

She nodded before continuing her way. Corpse following right behind her.

Ever since she joined the agency, Corpse has stuck around and helped her with whatever she needed. This caused the girl to develop feelings for him. She tried to suppress them, but failed miserably.

She remembers that day very clearly, the day where she sat alone at the cafeteria, she looked around and saw everyone sitting with someone, she just stared at her food without any feeling. That is, until Corpse took a seat in front of her, placing his food tray down on the table.

"I saw you sitting alone, so I thought maybe you'd like some company."

His words touched her heart. Just adding more onto her already growing feelings for him.

When they arrived in front of their boss' office, they knocked three times before hearing a 'come in' from the inside.

Both Corpse and Y/N stood beside one another with a straight posture and faces holding a serious expression facing their boss who was sitting on his chair behind his desk.

"I have a mission for the both of you." He said calmly, hands clasped together under his chin.

"There is a 40-year-old man who has been going around and traumatizing women, and even the underaged, he would then secretly murder them so they won't file any cases against him. He also allegedly has been keeping an illegal drug ring in an undergound community. He's currently on the top list of the polices' wanted list." He explained to them.

"Tonight, he's holding a masquerade ball in the venue hall that's an hour away from here. He knows he has to keep his identity on the low which is why he chose this kind of celebration. Here is a picture of him that we were able to get." He passed to us a picture of a man in his 40s, he looked exactly like someone that would do all of these hideous doings.

"I need you both to go in the ball and kill him, without anyone knowing. Red, your role in this mission is very crucial.." He said as he looked at me, he called me by my code name.

I chose this name because red is the last color they'll see before they die, and it's also the color of the blood of my enemies when I kill them, to show that I have succeeded.

"Why sir?" I asked, confused as to why he said that.

"You're going to replace the woman that he's suppose to see tonight. Go with him into the room and stall time, then when the time is right, you know what to do next." He explained. I gulped at his words, this is my first time doing this kind of mission. I know that I have to do it, it is my job after all. This is my chance to improve, if I can pull this off, then I'll be proud of myself.

"Sir, I don't mean to be rude, but, how am I involved in the mission?" Corpse asked out of the blue.

"You're going to accompany Y/N in case anything goes throughout mission. You'll also pretend to be one of the waiters in the party. When he calls for you, offer him a drink, it's going to be spiked, which is why I told Y/N to stall time when he goes in with her to the room. Once the effect starts to kick in, Y/N will finish the job. Understood?" He looked at us both in the eyes. We nodded our heads in response.

"Good. Your outfits, invitation cards and other items that you'll need will be provided. The party starts in 5 hours. Go get ready for the mission, and... good luck." He said the last word with a slight smile forming on his lips. He might seem cold on the outside but he is actually a really kind man.

"Yes sir." We said in unison, before turning and heading out the office.

"We'll meet up by the parking lot." Corpse said then walking away to his own room or office.

Now I'm standing alone in the hallway. My face started heating up when I realized what is happening.

I'm going on a mission with Corpse for the first time?!

hello everyone ^_^ I wrote this while in class. so if there are any errors or spelling mistakes that explains why. right now im in math class and I'm so bad at math :p

There will be a part 2! dont worry yall.

hope you enjoyed! thank you for reading

we are so close to 100k reads omg thank you so much <3