Chapter 10

I think this chapter turned out good. Anyways, hope ye enjoyed.

A week later
Chase woke up to the sound of quiet footsteps and rustling.
"What, what time is it?" Chase asked looking at Sylvia skim through the empty drawers.
"I was gonna wake you up after I took a bath but where are the files?" She asked as she nervously looked under the bed.
Chase looked at the clock and it read 1:23 AM. "I thought you were supposed to leave at 5?" Chase asked
"Still need to get ready, maybe the car will show up early. I still need those files." She sighed in frustration.
"4 hours early?" Chase asked with suspicion running through his head. He didn't want to think the worst but he was having trouble keeping it out.
Sylvia wasn't easily annoyed or angered for a fact but chases stupid questions and the weight of the files missing were taking their toll.
"CHASE!" Sylvia said trying not to wake up the other visitors in the rooms next to them. "I don't need this right now, I need those files!"
Chase was struck hard by her sudden anger. "Sorry, The queen of anger." He joked
Sylvia was about to let it all out but he handed her the files. "I was just messing with you." He said stilling wondering why she was awake 4 hours early.
Sylvia couldn't help but smile back before letting the annoyance take over again. "I'm going to take a shower, you better not start having trust issues." She said closing the door.

The TV played "The Full House" before a low rumble could be heard outside in the dark cold night.
"That's me, I'll try to keep in touch." Sylvia said standing up and picking the files up.
"You promise you'll be alright, like you not dying on me." Chase said standing up too. "Don't get to ahead of yourself either." He said
Sylvia got his message. "C'mon, I wouldn't ever take it that far. Unlike you." Sylvia said leaning in for their final kiss.
She walked out the door and chase looked out the foggy window. A couple of seconds later he saw her blurry silhouette.
He opened the windows and saw his own breath. They waved each other goodbye as they slowly moved out of view from each other.
Chase closed his window and felt warm again. Not mentally warm but physically warm. It sunk in. What will he do? Questions raced through his mind as he suppressed them one by one. Closing his eyes and falling asleep.

A soft tune was played as it took over the rooms atmosphere. Waking up Skye in the process.
Skye groaned as she took in what was happening. "Rocky? What are you-- why?" She asked in confusion.
Rocky didn't say a word. Just silently sat there playing the warming tune. Each strum was a sound of joy.
Skye wasn't putting up with this, especially this early in the morning. "Rocky *sigh* I like the music but really at 4 in the morning?" Skye asked
The melody suddenly stopped and rocky put his guitar down. "Do you ever have that feeling where you know your getting something good but you have to wait for it. Then all that emotion bottles up and you can't get the words to explain it to anyone?" Rocky asked
Skye thought of the time when Everest informed her of her little crush on Marshall after chase and tracker had left. Nothing but death could've stopped it from happening. "Maybe, I dunno... but what are you trying to get at? It's 4am and it couldn't wait?" Skye said with a hint of annoyance.
"I'm gonna get some water, then I'll tell ya." He said. He opened the door and walked to the kitchen where he grabbed a cup.
On the other side was their fridge that Ryder modified to make the ice and water cooler. And less noisy for convenience.
On the way back rocky saw a dim light flash through the blinds. "No way the sun can be out already" he thought to himself.
He made his way over and saw an all black car drive down the dark and vacant street. Only lit up by the headlights.
The foggy window blocked his view so he slid it open and felt a wave of the crystal cold air rush into his face.
A shiver was let out. He looked at the car and saw a familiar face. And out of fates choice the face noticed him and they made eye contact for a split second. He didn't see chase and from what he saw she looked distressed but calm before she ducked down and they sped off. "What the."
Rocky tried to find the right word. The cold didn't bother him when he was lost in thoughts. Nothing bothered him much when he was lost in his thoughts.
"Odd... That was...odd." He said before coming back in and feeling the cold air again. He shut the window and made his way back to the room.
"What took you so long?" Skye whispered as one of the pups started moving a bit.
"There was a run in... Sylvia I think. I didn't see chase she looked worried." Rocky explained.
Skye thought about it. "That's their business, we shouldn't get involved with this." Skye suggested.
"What if she's in trouble and chase doesn't know." Rocky argued.
Skye was too tired to say anything back. Like she ever won a debate against him anyways.
Soon rocky got onto the topic of their pups opening their eyes today and Skye realized that's what waking up at 4 was about. She tried to cancel out his yapping by resting her head and falling back to sleep.