Chapter 3

In like the middle of this chapter I got some really great feedback from dragonsfire1995. I'm pretty sure you can see where I used his information in the story. I'm also gonna update the beginning of chapter one a bit. I have some other plans I like more.
———————————-
Chase was in the living room examining his house arrest bracelet.
He attempted gave multiple attempts to bite on it but that ended in pain and suffering.
"Chase!" Everest said walking in before anyone else could.
"Oh, your awake." Chase said looking at the clock which read 7:24
"Yup, I woke up early so I could I could catch up with you. Since ya know, you been working a lot lately." Everest said giving the warmest smile she could give.
"Cool... So, what have you guys been doing while I was gone." Chase asked.
"Watching movies and playing pretty much." Everest said shrugging.
"Cool, I uhh... been making new friends at work." Chase said
"Oh really, like who?" Everest asked getting hyped for the German Shepard. The pups have made other friends besides the paw patrol. Mainly inspired by Zuma when he first mention his surfing friends.
"Umm, this German Shepard named Rose, these twins I pass by in my cruiser named tuck and Ella, a wiener dog named arrby who conveniently works at a hotdog stand named pirates booty, and uhhhh, oh! This terrier named sweetie." Chase said taking a deep breath.
"Wow, many girl names mentioned." Everest said feeling a bit jealous.
"What? You jealous, I don't even talk to any of them besides Sylvia. Even then I'm usually a door to door dog asking for information." Chase said with a huff and rolled his eyes.
"Seems fun." Everest teased
"Pfft, as if... I'd rather be on the lines where I could be useful." Chase said dreaming for that day to come.
"You do have a lot of people pending on you." Everest said
"I know but maybe I wouldn't be home so late if I was doing that instead." Chase offered.
"True but still." Everest said
"So, you found a new love l interest?" Since I heard about that thing with you and Skye which seemed messy." Everest asked out of curiosity.
"Nope, I don't plan on it either." Chase said shaking his head not wanting one. That would be the last thing he needs.
"Well well well, if it wasn't the cop himself." Rubble said walking in.
"Yeah dude, this is like seeing a ghost dog." Zuma exclaimed.
"Rocky, can you grab me my food?" Skye said to rocky kissing him making chase uncomfortable.
"Sure." He said running over and grabbing his and Skye's food bowl.
Chase got over the fact that Skye saw him as a friend than significant other. Even though he didn't see an issue in their relationship, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
"So chase, hows your day off?" Marshall asked.
"Good so far, besides this." Chase held up his paw exposing his ankle bracelet.
"Why are you biting it?" Marshall asked
"Yeah, there's bite marks." Rocky added
"And your fur is darker." Marshall said
The pups were used to Marshall and rocky unknowingly competing with each other seeing who's smarter.
The pups would agree rocky is more creative and technical and Marshall knew more about the body and faced his issues with common sense than numbers. They both were equally smart in their own ways. Yet they still tried to 1 up each other.
The pups enjoyed watching them butt heads.
"So what if I've been biting it. It does take hurt that much." Chase lied.
"Really? There's no way your fur is that burnt and it's not sore or bruised." Marshall scoffed.
He walked towards chase and reached for his paw.
Chase moved it away.
"What are you doing?" Chase asked
"I'm checking your paw." Marshall said
"T-that's not needed I'm fine." Chase lied again.
Marshall wasn't having it and pinned down chase. Chase wriggled but Marshall had him down good.
"Ow ow ow ow OkAY!" Chase said shoving him off.
"I knew you were lying." Marshall said
"Whatever, it's not that bad." Chase said
"You better stop before it does anymore damage. It'll take a toll on you." Marshall said
The pups watched the 2 argue as they ate their food.
Chase and Marshall sat down to chow down on their food.
"Mi amigo, how are you dong?" Tracker asked interrupting the deathly silence that had taken over.
"Well, how bout you?" Chase asked his likely friend. The only other one who is as good as chase at seeking in hide'n seek.
"I see you are very busy lately." Tracker said
"Yup, gangs and crooks are moving by." Chase said
"Seems like you spend more time at work than here." Rubble joked. That stuck with chase.
"Seems rough." Tracker said
"So, since chase is being held captive here. Do you guys wanna play?" Zuma asked excitedly.
"Definitely." Marshall said adding guilt to chase if he said no. Which he was considering.
Soon all the pups were in and were waiting ones chases call.
"Fine." Chase sighed giving in to the sad faces.
They barked and yipped in joy since the last time they played with chase was quite some time.
"I'll be it. I wanna get started!" Rocky said eagerly.
The pups and ran off around the lookout looking for the best possible hiding spots. Some staying in duos and some going solo.
Chase followed Marshall to a small ditch with an average bush.
"Don't tell anyone." Marshall shushed.
Chase nodded in confusion. It wasn't that great of a hiding spot to begin with. They could easily get checked out in there.
Marshall moved the bush with ease and it exposed a tunnel. Pitch black.
"What the..."
"There's only like half a tunnel." Chase said pointing out the obvious.
"Yup, soon it will be a whole pup cave." Marshall said
"Oh, neat." Chase said
"Isn't hot in here don't you think?" Chase said panting due the very poor conditioning. Air went in and didn't go back out.
"Your fine, you have a little bit more fur." Marshall said pushing it off.
"Come out come out wherever you are!" Rocky said.
A low crunching noise came from the kitchen as soon as he said that.
He slowly made his way towards the kitchen. Trying to make as little noise as possible like a cat or mouse.
He noticed the cabinet are slightly open.The ones where the dog food is.
He grasped the handles and yanked the door open and there was a blushing rubble with his faced stuffed with dog food.
"What are you doing?" Rocky asked visibly confused on why he was in the food cabinet.
"Well, since chase or Ryder isn't here to tell not to eat it and I thought I could sneak in some
extra food." Rubble said gulping down the last in his mouth before getting out.
"Well, I found you so..." rocky said trying to hint for rubble to wait in the living room while rocky searches for the others.
Rubble got the message and walking in the living room and started watching Apollo the super pup as usual.
"Actually rubble, can you help me search this places, seems like a lot of work." Rocky turned around asking for help not wanting to go around for 45 minutes looking for them.
"I guess, Apollo you have to wait." Rubble said pausing it and walking outside with rocky.
Rocky thought of his master plan. "So I'll check the bushes on one side and you check the bushes on the other side so that way they can't go anywhere." He spoke feeling like a genius using a hunting technique they use in falconry.
"Okay, so just squeeze them?." Rubble asked confused on what rocky meant.
"Sure, that..." Rocky agreed.
Tracker heard multiple footsteps surrounding his bushy area. He back into the deeper spot of the tree he was in. "There people coming." He whispered to his companion.
"He hasn't found anyone? How did he not find rubble in the food cabinet?" Skye asked
"There's 2 or 3" tracker said getting on edge hoping they wouldn't get caught.
"Sooo... have you been to the beach lately?" Tracker heard someone say. He could clearly make out the voice was rubbles. "He found rubble." He whispered back to Skye.
"Okay, you check that side and I'll check this side. Don't get poked either." He heard rocky instruct. He knew they were trying to flush someone out.
"I'm gonna get a better view." Tracker said wanting to see what they were doing, so he started to climb farther onto the thinner branches.
"You're gonna fall, I know we are small but it won't be able to su-!!! Tracker?!?" Skye said watching him fall down to the bushes. A groan could be heard. She rushed to the nearest spot she could reach and saw rocky and rubble next to him.
"That's gotta hurt, how did you fall?" Rocky asked looking at the tree and seeing the small cockapoo peeking over at them.
"Looks like Skye was up there too." Rocky said nudging rubble. "How are you gonna get down?" Rocky asked
"It's not even that big of a jump." Skye said preparing herself for the jump.
"How did you even get up?" Rocky asked seeing how the tree was much taller than her.
"Tracker helped me but ya know, he's kinda on the floor." Skye looked at the downed chihuahua.
"I'll catch you, I doubt you weigh that much. Plus it's a softer landing than the floor." Rocky said just finding a better reason to hold Skye in his arms.
Skye thought about it. "Fine, if you drop me your are dead." She said still feeling skeptical about it.
"C'mon... what's the worst that can happen, plus you can help us find the others. Tracker to but he's still trying to catch his breath I think." Rocky said opening his arms.
"Sí, I knocked the wind out of myself." Tracker said sitting up and watching whats about to go down.
"Yeah, someone's gonna get hurt." Rubble said sitting down next to tracker waiting's for something to go down.
"3...2...1!!" Skye said jumping down in fear.
"Did you hear something?" Chase asked Marshall as he laid down on his back.
"Hear what?" Marshall asked visibly bored out of his mind.
"I think they are yelling at someone." Chase said looking over at Marshall.
Rubble was surprised at what he saw. "He actually caught her!" Rubble said.
"Yeah, I was expecting them to fall like Marshall cuando tiene sueño." Tracker said confusing Skye and rubble.
"Like Marshall when he sleepy?" Rocky asked being the only other one out of the pups to understand a different language. Besides Skye.
"I see you have been working on your Spanish, I'll have to quiz you later cabeza." Tracker teased rocky. He was happy and enjoyed the idea of finally being able someone to talk to in Spanish besides Ryder and Carlos.
"I'm not that great at it, I'm still learning." Rocky said feeling flattered. "Okay, lets find the rest before they think we gave up."
"Guess we should split up, we'll cover more ground" rubble offered wanting to get done with this already.
"Okay, go team!" Tracker said getting into the mood of the game.
"Okay, I'll check those bushes over there." Skye said walking over to them.
The pups discussed where they were gonna search and split up around the lookout and rubble going to the side of the lookout.
Skye walked to the bushes she spoke about so thought saying a word or making a noise. She was lost in her own thoughts as she aimlessly walked around them.
"Someone is near." Chase said to Marshall hearing the soft pitter patter of footsteps nearby.
"I can hear them too, it's probably Skye, she walks like an assassin sometimes." Marshall said thinking of ninja Skye.
Chase didn't think Skye would find them so he went back onto his back continued to talk to Marshall about whatever they were chatting about.
Skye walked around the bushes without much hope that someone was in them. She decided to turnaround and go to the other bit she noticed a bush that was slightly lighter than the others.
She made her way over to it and everything looked normal but on her way to the other side she fell down a hole and yells starts to fill the air.
"Agghhhh... Skye?" Marshall said in confusion thinking she was a fox or something. "You scared the life out of me."
Chase was silent during the ordeal.
They climbed out of the hole and met with the others who had already found Zuma.
"Where was he?" Chase asked
"Holding his breath under water." Rocky responded looking at his with a towel on.
"Well, we can find Everest so..." rubble started looking at chase.
"Oh, okay. I need her beanie or something." Chase said starting to head towards her pup house.
"I'll get it, I wanna see how fast you sniff her out." Marshall said running to the door forgetting that it's glass or it even exists for that matter.
"MARSHA-"
Marshall busted through the door and landed on the hard pavement on the outside of the lookout. He weakly put up a thumbs up to signal to the other that he was "Okay"
He walked into Everest's pup house and opened the door to see a fairly clean pup house. Some things were messed up and that kinda bugged him but he shrugged it off and grabbed the beanie. He noticed a picture of everyone on the wall.
storytime
It was when chase and Marshall received their Medal of Honor for saving some people. Chase was chasing teenager who was bullied and didn't want to go on anymore so he wanted to bring people with him so he had lit a house on fire with 3 kids and their parents were in their sleeping. He continued into a restaurant where chase and the other cops had caught up to him. Chase negotiated with him and successfully calmed him down.
The week later they received the medals.
No more story time
Marshall looked at them smiling, there was one thing off and that was a heart around chases head. Marshall ran out before anyone came. He was onto something big and he needed to tell someone, but who...
He came back with the light blue and yellow beanie.
Chase sniffed the liver smelled odor and started to follow the scent. The smell of liver was strong since no one else in the lookout gets anything that tastes or smells like liver. Chase enjoyed the smell of the meat. The pups on the other hand didn't. Besides rubble, he would eat anything.
The smell got stronger when chase entered the kitchen.
"I already checked here..." Rocky said looking around thinking it was pointless
"Not good enough." Chase said looking around and opening up cabinets.
They searched the entire kitchen and nothing was found.
"What about in the back? Where it's cold." Rubble said
"I'm not going back there." Skye shivered at the thought of being back there. Soon the others pups opted out.
"Fine, I have the most fur anyways." Chase said walking around the fridge. "Little girls." He mumbled to himself.
"You actually have the second compared to Everest. Even though German Shepard's and huskies are almost identical." Rocky said on purpose to annoy chase and see his reaction.
"Okay." Chase said before opening up and well hidden door.
He was hit by a cold air wave before walking in.
"Everest?" He said into the small room. He sighed and walked in.
He turned on the light switch and saw Everest smiling at him from the corner of the freezing room.
"Everest, get out! Your gonna hurt yourself." Chase sighed in a disappointing tone. "What's wrong with you? You could've froze." Chase said to her as she walked by.
"Relaaaaax, I could have gone for another 30 minutes." Everest said shooing her paw. "I'm not gonna die."
"What if something went wrong, Ryder isn't here that much anymore and that it's my job to make sure everyone is alright." Chase argued back. He was disappointed in her decision but he also had to add that Everest was one of the more care free pups like Zuma, Skye, or Marshall. "You to tracker, then Carlos gets involved."
"Sí." Tracker nodded
"Fine, I'll be more careful." Everest said in a whiney voice. She hoped he would get that it was a joke.
The pups watched as Everest spoke back to chase. They would've thought that if someone spoke back it would be rocky.
"Okay good, I'm gonna call Ryder to see where he's at." Chase said making his way up the stairs mumbling things to himself.
Marshall didn't know if chase was mad because he cared about Everest in a different way or he was just disappointed what she put herself through just to win a simple game.
"So, since Everest made chase mad what ya wanna do?" Rocky asked the others.
"I dunno, go somewhere." Skye offered feeling bored of playing.
"What about chase?" Everest asked feeling bad for what she did.
"You guys can go!" Chase yelled from upstairs. "I'll probably take a nap or something!"
"Guess we're going!" Rocky said kissing Skye I'm excitement.
"You done need to wub youw love all over us." Zuma said sticking his tongue out.
They walked out the door and left chase to call Ryder and take his much needed nap. To chase this felt like he was old and useless. Like he was outdated...