Chapter 6

"I don't think it'll work out..."
"Why?"
"Because you seem busy with work... don't get me wrong your work is amazing but... you don't seem to have too much time. Thank you for having me chase."
"But..."
"There goes my fifth date this week." Chase grumbled to himself as he watched the labradoodle walk out the restaurant. "Maybe I'm not cut out for this dating thing..."
"Sir, your bill will be 15.50" The waiter said cautiously spoke to the frustrated German Shepard.
Chase pulled out a wallet and grabbed a 20 and handed it to the waiter.
Chase was now much bigger than he used to be when he was with the paw patrol. His fur had grown longer but it was usually cut. It has also gotten more vibrant and darker. His belly fur is the same light brown while his brown fur had become darker making the bottom pop out more. His voice was deeper and his k9's had gotten sharper. (Not too much) He was now a detective. He enjoyed that more.
"Keep the change." Chase sighed as he stood up and walked out. He was still in barkingburg due to the news that it has gone into a civil war. Chase didn't need to worry about his parents and siblings because they were supposedly on the winning side of the war. Other countries were trying to intervene but Russia was already with the winning side and they didn't want to risk pissing them off.
Chase walked back the new found queens castle in shame. It was only 5 years ago when he said he wouldn't be there for long and here he was.
He knocked on the huge unconventional wooden door. It took 3 of his longest minutes for it to open.
"Soo, how was your dinnerrrrr?" Sweetie asked with an evil grin. The tension between them was thin.
"Usual, got rejected again." Chase said with a chuckle. He was used to it at this point. "Not like anything will change but might as well try."
"You know I'm always here." Sweetie said rolling onto her back trying to tease the Shepard. Chase saw her as an annoying little sister.
"As if I'll kiss you again." Chase laughed at the moment they had as sweetie let out a low growl.
"That wasn't planned. You know that as well."
She sighed with a smile knowing she laughed at it once or twice. They did have their good moments though.
"How are my 2 favorite pups doing?" The queen said walking in with her usual bright white smile while wearing her dress and tiara.
"Good..." sweetie smiled
"How was your 1,2,3,4,5,7, 19th?" Dinner this month?" The queen joked even though she was correct.
"Oh haha." Chase said sarcastically. He knew it was coming because she always brought it up to mess with him.
"Okay, at least you are a good detective. That's something you have to your name." The queen started as sweetie walked out to probably eat half of some cheese burgers.
"I know this is a touchy subject but when was the last time you spoke with Ryder?" The queen asked as she saw his face expression change.
Chase didn't like talking to about the paw patrol. He didn't want to get attached to them. To him it was better to let go and forget.
"Nothin, I was just curious." The queen lied not having enough guts to tell him why. She wanted him to find out in his own. "Maybe that will help ease the news." She thought to herself.
"Okay, I have to get to a date I was gonna go on." She smiled. She had a boyfriend she had been dating for 2 years now. Chase didn't care but sweetie took it personally. She gave up on the crown and tried her best to break them up.
Chase looked at their giant clock.
"At 10?" Chase asked in confusion as most restaurants were closed because of break-ins.
"We are going to the movies." She said walked out. "Toodaloo!" She said as she waved on her way out.
"Have fun!" Chase said before heading to his room and laying on the dog bed and closing his hazel brown eyes.

The next day in adventure bay
"Daddy daddy! Looks what I made!" A small child yelled as she ran over to katie
Katie looked down expecting a simple crappy drawing but to her surprise it was fully working sun powered car.
"I know your are a smart kid but how did you make that? I dont know how to do that" katie said " Im not your daddy either, he's in the hospital sweetie." She said planting a kiss on her.
"Rocky helped me."
"Where is he?" Katie asked her 4 year old daughter. She had brown eyes, brown hair, and ryders brains with katies looks.
"I'm right here." Rocky said scaring katie. He had been on edge the past week. "I'm nervous... I dont know whats it like to be a father. I've read and watched so many videos and it seems useless." Rocky sighed bringing his head down.
"It feels like a lot at first. As they get older its gets easier. Can you watch makayla, I need to head to clinic and check on skye. She's due in a day." Katie said standing and and putting on a coat and grabbing a cup of coffee.
"Okay, I'll take her to see the others then. They wanted to meey up for something. I think it was... I dont actually know." Rocky admmited. He was truly lost on what they wanted to do.
"Okay, I'll take her then. I dont want her interrupting you guys."
"Okay, thanks. Can I ride with you then? They want to meet at the park and it's not to far from your clinic." Rocky asked sheepishly.
"Sure."
They hopped in the car and drove off.
"So, where the kids at?"
"At the fire station, the guys said they would watch them." Marshall responded.
"So where your kids at?" Everest asked Zuma.
"Whoah woah, I've been dating Ella since we disbanded. No need to get ahead of yourself." Zuma said. His speech impediment had faded away through the years. His fur stayed the same color, it was still short and he started dating Ella.
Marshall's clumsiness had mostly gone away. He still falls here and there and he tied the knot with Everest. He did feel bad when Everest told him she liked chase but she fixed by saying "I doubt we will see him again." Which made Marshall happy but mad at the same time almost causing them to crash their relationship. His spots stayed the same and his fur was still white.
Everest's tail got a little bit bushier and her fur and been the same. Her eyes looks more blue than ever and she gave birth to her and Marshall's 3 kids. Ash, Rose, and Chief being the oldest.
Rubble and gotten slightly taller with a bigger appetite. Luckily his job requires lifting a lot of things so it keeps his weight in check.
"Hey guys!" Rocky said running up to them excitedly.
"What's up future dad." Marshall said raising his paw. Their playfulness has never died down but only gotten more explosive.
Rocky returned the high five. "I'm gonna be in the dad gang!" Rocky laughed.
"Yeah yeah, not like your better than us at anything but being smart." Zuma playfully challenged.
"Oh your on!" Rocky said chasing Zuma.
"Don't forget us!" Marshall and rubble said chasing after them.
There stood Ella and Everest.
"Boys. They act like when we were in the paw patrol!" Everest chuckled
"Yeah, this has been awkward without Skye being here." Ella said "we should go join them." Ella insisted.
"I was thinking we could go visit skye while they play. We haven't seen her and she's due tomorrow. Then we gotta visit Ryder." Everest explained.
"Okay then let's go." Ella shrugged.