Chapter 5

The pups stood head raised high as the town of adventure bay was in front of them. Cops, firefighters, trash company, civilians, builders, pilot, and the mayor watched at Ryder gave his speech with Katie by his side.
"Although the paw patrol won't be together no longer, I heard someone tell me 'DONT be sad that it's gone, be happy that it happened' I enjoyed my 8 beloved pups. Chase, the leader when I became more absent and always put on a show to be courageous in front of his teammates. Skye, the bravest pup I've ever met, flying hundreds of feet in the air without a worry. Rocky, I always liked seeing how he was very similar to rubble in using spare parts to build things and he was as smart as Marshall, I loved watching them but heads. The projects he has helped me on. Marshall, undoubtedly the silliest pup with the heart he size of the mountains. Always putting others before himself. Zuma, the deep sea diver, saving chase from the castles dungeon of the palace or going deep underwater to retrieve lost jewelry. It takes real courage and strength to go that deep under water. Rubble, he may be young but the day we found him risking his life all for a ball was when I knew he could fulfill the spot of our construction pup. Everest, somehow pushing her way through the snow, saving jake from the mountains, she already had it in her. Tracker sadly couldn't be here, although he isn't here he was a great listener, amazing swinger and somehow could run in 100 degree weather. I enjoyed every waking moment with these pups. They did wonders from saving animals to humans. I am glad to be here today as they receive their adventure bay heroic actions medals.(I made that up I don't if that a real thing and basically every other medal thing I've mentioned.)
Ryder sniffled a bit and wiped some tears and walked to the side of chase.
The mayor walked up with a very fancy looking box. She opened it up revealing 9 medals with an eagle on one side and a coast in the other. The pups looked at it as it reflected the sunlight. They have never seen anything shinier than those. (Correct me but there's 9 of them)
"This is like when we got our first medals." Chase whispered to Marshall not thinking much at the time.
"Really? Your gonna say that instead of even acting like missing us?" Marshall said with a tear of joy and sadness going down his face.
Chase wiped it off. "Don't let tears go down your face, do that after. Right now show them that we're strong." Chase said wiping Marshall's tear on the floor. "Plus, we will be in the town hall. You can see the other pups too." Chase said pointing out all the good parts.
"You're skipping the biggest flaw, you won't be here anymore." Marshall said letting another tear slip out at the thought.
"C'mon, we can enjoy our time after, she's coming." Chase said wiping his tear again and sitting up straight. "They are gonna bombard us with pictures. Not like I'm leaving today."
The mayor started with Ryder, then chase to Marshall. Going to Skye and Everest and finally rubble, rocky, tracker, and Zuma at the end.
The mayor put on each medal and walked up the the speaker.
"Today will go down in adventure bays history books. Although they are disbanded they will still be around town or towns for that matter. In the construction sites or beaches. They will still be helping out around town. We will be losing one of our beloved pups. As you know the crime rates sky rocketed about 2-4 weeks ago. Came with it crime and when it left, it left a mess but after all the cleaning it seemed to take smaller crime organizations with it. Our officers took out their heart and arrested tons of criminals and gangsters. Their leader A.K.A Kaptain unfortunately escaped.
Ryders eyes widened.
"Chase, I need to speak to you." Ryder said in confusion. There's only 1 detail that's could make sense.
"Okay, for what?" Chase asked in the sudden urge to speak all of a sudden.
"Shh." Ryder shushed chase as the mayor was about to finish talking.
"So, please give a final round of applause to our police officer chase, for keeping our streets clean from crooks and criminals, wish him luck in barkingburg with the queen, and your final destination at Germany." She said looking over to the still young German Shepard who would need to make this long journey. Chase nodded his head in acceptance to the crowd cheering.
He felt an unexpected squeeze around his body. Soon it go tighter and tighter. After looking around he was met by the faces he grew up with with their arms wrapped around him. He felt memories fly through his head as his journey was ending early with them.
"C'mon, not 1 tear?" Skye teased.
"N-Nope, you squeezed a couple out." Chase sniffed knowing he most likely wouldn't see them again. He wasn't planning on it either.
"I knew you were squishy on the inside." Everest said looking at him with a smile.
"Thank you all for coming!" The mayor said to the crowd as they had already started flooding out.
They walked to the backstage.
"That went good!" The mayor said in surprise. "I sill got it in me."
"Your public speaking skills are good." Ryder complimented. "If you don't mind, we'll head off now. We have only a couple of days before the flight arrives." Ryder said raising his hand for a handshake.
"Oh yes... that you pups and Ryder for everything you accomplished in adventure bay. It was a pleasure to have you all working here." She said accepting his handshake. "Chickeletta will miss you guys. Especially, chase."
The pups laughed besides chase. He never really liked chickens or cats. His allergies made it hard for him to work with them.
"So, since we only have 2 days with you, what should we do?" Ryder asked chase
Chase felt like the pressure was on him. He didn't wanna do anything extreme. "How about ice cream." He smiled. He might as well, wasn't much of an ice cream person.
"Okay pups, what do you want?" Ryder said moving out of the way to let them pick their favorites.
Most of them when for the obvious choice of vanilla since it was sweet and wasn't bad for them like chocolate. Skye and Everest decided to try something new and got mint and tracker when for orange flavored. They pups were co fused on why that even existed in the first place.
"Okay, so what's the total?" Ryder asked bringing out his dark leathered wallet.
"No no, it's on me today. This is the last time I will get to see you all at once. And good luck with your travels chase!" The old man chuckled with a cough. "It was great to see you guys!"
"Thank you, I can guarantee this ain't the last you will see of us." Ryder winked with a smile.
"Hopefully!"
They walked out to a round table and did the usual. Sit on it.
"So, what do you pups plans on doing?" Ryder asked them knowing he would be leaving them. "Besides I find you guys new owners." He weakly chuckled knowing now might not be the best time to ask this.
"Well, I for one was hoping the queen would let stay with her until I can get into contact with my parents. Then I would become a full time cop." Chase said speaking up and wanting to tell Ryder his plan and see if he approved.
"I was thinking if I could stay with you?" Rocky asked sheepishly. He knew it would be u fair but he for once didn't know what to do.
"Guess I'll go back to jake, not much for me to do here." Everest said stating the obvious.
"Yep." Tracker agreed
"I was thinking of staying at the fire department, since my parents are there." Marshall added
Soon the pups were sharing their plans, old crushes they had in pop stars. Which was mainly Skye. They let out embarrassing stories and shared laughter with each other.
———————-
"And that's well, how I ended up here." Chase smiled to the queen with an ounce of hope she would let him bunker in.
"So, you aren't with the paw patrol no more?" Sweetie asked with her face mask still on her head.
"I know it's really late but I didn't know the time zones and I thought I would end up here later." Chase sighed heavily looking at the queen with her pajamas still on.
"Oh chase, course you can come in. You still are my favorite... ex paw patroller! Earl could you get a spare dog bed and place it in my room!" The queen called out. Her high pitches yell pierced straight through chases eardrums.
"Your highness, I was behind you this entire time, but yes I'll go fetch the dog bed." He bowed before walking off into the complex castle.
"Come on it chilly outside." The queen said feeling bad for making him wait out there that entire time.
"Okay." Chase said picking up his bag and happily trotted in. "Again, thank you for letting stay here, maybe I could help the police force since the the crime rates are high here." Said offered being excited to get into work again.
"Yes, but first get some sleep." She motioned sweetie and chase to her royal bedroom.
"So how does it feel being the queen now?" Chase asked
"We can get to that later, for now we need our sleep. Isn't that right sweetie?" The queen asked with a yawn.
"Sure." Sweetie said knowing that her days of attempting to steal the crown were numbered due to the paw patroller here. It didn't help her that the one that ended up at her doorstep was the trained police officer.