Chapter 8

"So, as you know we called you a n because of the apparent danger the people of this town are in. We also know that it the same gang because they left this..." He said walking into a bigger room with a car and fbi investigators walking around back and forth.
"The symbol. From uhh, that one Raid they did last time. Before we came here." Sylvia said looking at the bullet hosed car.
"There was a drive by. Someone named Ryder Indigo. He's expecting to make a full recovery. So I'll have you guys go over and ask him questions. I hear you were useful for your information retrieving." He said
"Yeah but I can also do other things like actually investigating." Chase said hoping this wouldn't be a repeat of the last time he tried with this gang.
"Okay. You said Ryder?" Chase asked.
"Yeah, here's the card with his information, the hospital he's at and the room he's in."
"I know who he is..." chase said feeling dreadful the see him again. "I'll go visit him today then. We aren't doing much."
"Okay, we'll call you when we can. This guy is good at what he does." He said before getting back with the other investigators.
"Guess we go to the hospital then." Chase said turning at making his way out the door.
"You go do that, I'm gonna stay around here for a bit. Maybe know the other dogs if I can find them." Sylvia said wanting to make some other friends besides the ex paw patrol.
"Okay, Stay Safe." Chase said kissing her head.
"You too." She said returning the favor
Chase walked out and walked to the only hospital he could remember.
LINESEDE
"Do you ever wonder where we would be if we never disbanded." Zuma asked
"No, I don't think I've thought of it once." Rubble said while taking a bite of his sandwich.
"Oh, I do. What about if chase had stayed? Or tracker for that matter." Zuma asked pondering about it.
"I don't know, Rocky is trying to learn the guitar for his kids. Plus you are always asking hard questions. Not like chase or tracker will magically show up sooo..." rubble shrugged finishing off his sandwich.
"Yeah but still, me and you were close. Probably because we were the youngest and no one really listens to us but still. Everest sometimes listened but wasn't even there most the time." Zuma said thinking about a peanut butter jelly sandwich.
"Hello, do you know where the hospital is?" A voice said from behind them.
"Oh, it 6 blocks that way. But you kinda sound like a friend I used to know." Rubble said still staring at the building in front of them. Zuma has the curiosity to turn around.
"Chase!" Zuma exclaimed jumping off and hugging him.
"Yeah, i didn't really listen to either of you. Which umm. I'm sorry." Chase started
"Who cares about that. Your here. And bigger." Rubble said pushing his arm.
"Why are you here?" Zuma asked
"I heard something about Ryder. And a gang. But I'm mainly here because... I'm not sure." Chase said thinking about it.
"So, you are going to the hospital." Zuma asked
"Yeah, I'm gonna go see Ryder. If he's awake I need to ask him questions." Chase said thinking about the clipboard. He could just remember though.
"At least me and chase are in the single gang!" Rubble said raising his paw.
"Ac-"
"Don't leave me hanging." He said trying to get chase to accept it.
"I have a girlfriend..." chase said looking at rubbles eyes turn from excited to disappointment. "At least you guys recognized me. Rocky and Marshall attacked me." Chase chuckled feeling glad someone knew him.
"How could we forget your voice? It's just a little deeper. Although you do look different." Zuma explained looking at his old friend.
"Do you guys wanna come with me? I wanna know about tracker." Chase said because he heard him speak of tracker.
"Okay, but you need to tell us about your invisible girlfriend." Rubble said being suspicious of chase and no other girl.
"Okay. So what's with tracker?" Chase asked
"He just disappeared like you did. We haven't seen him since... before the ceremony."
"He probably busy. I've been busy." Chase said thinking about tracker. Although he wasn't fond of him he still worried.
"So, where this girlfriend of yours?" Rubble asked.
"She said she'd stay at the station. Probably to get used to everyone since we are gonna be working with them." Chase said not thinking much. He trusted her with his life. "She's afraid of planes though."
"Okayyy... there are some creepy people and dogs around here." Zuma said putting chase on edge.
"She's fine, she's a detective. My partner in crime ever since I went to barkingburg." Chase explained