Chapter 1

So, I'm gonna try to put all my effort into these chapters. I'll try to make an amazing story with all my free time. It will be dumped into making this story. And Modern Warfare but mainly this.
The year is 2020 in this story. Just without all the things going into on. It will be used in the later later chapters.
——————————————————————-
4 years ago
The pups didn't wake up to their usual wake up.
Chase waking them up early to eat their food.
Today he was the one sleeping in. Really sleeping in.
The pups knew why.
He has been working late for the last week on burglaries, gang violence and an unsolved murder investigation. The entire week has been Mainly on burglaries.
The pups fell bad for the hard working Shepard because he hasn't had much time to talk with tracker and Everest since they arrived. They were only visiting for a month. For them seems like a lot but in reality if this keeps up they won't see chase at all.
"Chase has been working hard." Everest said to Skye with a sigh.
"Yeah, he hasn't talked to you or tracker too much." Skye agreed.
The others soon walked talking about the same thing.
"I've nevew seen chase like that!" Zuma exclaimed.
"I know, he had a rough week so far." Rubble said
"Okay pups, I'm sure we all know chase has had a tough week due to the recent crime rate that is sky high and I'm sure it wont end there. If he needs anything help him out." Ryder said walking out.
"I'm gonna go to Katie's also." Ryder added grabbing his keys
"See ya Ryder." The pup said.
The pups nodded and continued their conversations until they heard an unexpected bang on the door and to their surprise it was a sleepy chase who walked into the door.
"What's he doing awake?" Skye asked in confusion.
"He's hasn't been awake this early since... I don't know." Everest said
"Is he okay, he ran into the door." Marshall asked
Chase shook his head and dragged his feet across the floor.
"Hey puhhhhh." Chase started
Chases bowl was already full but usually isn't eaten till later.
Chase sat down and closed his eyes and rested his head on the table for what seemed to a planned quick couple of seconds of rest. The plan didn't work and he fell asleep snoring into his food bowl.
"Ummm, what was that about?" Everest said
"Shhh, he's sleeping." Tracker said
The pups tip toed outside trying not to wake the German Shepard.
"I think he tried to get up and be productive." Marshall said
"He's pushing himself to much." Rocky said
"At least he's asleep." Rubble added wanting to participate in the conversation.
"This isn't the playful chase, this is workaholic chase, he never gets like this unless there's high crime rates." Rocky said
"So, you guys wanna take a stroll around town?" Marshall asked trying to take his mind off things.
"Sure." everyone else agreed.
Skye said something that haunts Marshall. "What is they started burning things and Marshall had to work like chase."
Marshall wouldn't say he does more work than a police officer but it take 1-3 hours to put out a house fire in his area. Then the K-9 unit come in and try to find clues.
Marshall didn't wanna get home at 3 in the morning.
"Amigos, I have been very quiet, I need to speak more!" Tracker said.
They all chuckled.
They took off and started their walk around their spray painted city. Luckily they haven't got to the lookout with those spray cans.
——————————-
Chase woke up and noticed it was 5:30 in the evening.
He sapped up and was on his legs instantly.
"What the?" Chase said to himself as he stretched.
He ran upstairs to put on his uniform.
"Where you going?" Ryder asked stopping the German Shepard dead in his tracks.
Chase yawned
"What do you mean? I'm going to the station." Chase said
"No you're not." Ryder said blocking chases path which didn't faze him.
"I am, how come nobody woke me up." Chase asked due to the fact he was late.
"I called you off, you need a break. Nobody woke you up because you need sleep." Ryder said
"WHAT! You can't just do that." Chase argued and getting disappointed that his leader called him off work today.
"You need a break, you walked into the door this morning and fell asleep into your food bowl. I bet you didn't even finish it." Ryder said with a stern look engraved into his face.
"That doesn't give you a fair reason to call me off work. People need me and they need my help!" Chase yelled back
"No, you are on break for the next week. I can't have you sleep deprive yourself all week." Ryder said planting his foot into the ground.
"It's not about my safety." Chase argued
The pups watched as this was the first time chase had ever remotely talked bad to Ryder. He did everything Ryder said to do with blind loyalty.
"Fine, hard way it is." Ryder said putting a bracelet on chase.
"What is this?" Chase asked putting up his paw.
"It's a home arrest bracelet." Ryder said
"WHAT?!?" Chase said bitting on it but immediately stopped.
"Owww."
"If you leave the area of the lookout, bite it or attempt to break it. You will get shocked." Ryder said
"When does it come off?" Chase said
"When you look healthy enough to go back out." Ryder said
"You can't do this." Chase pleaded
"I'm sorry chase." Ryder said walking inside.
Chase noticed his fellow teammates looking at him wide eyed.
"What??" He said angrily before stomping to his pup house.
"He's mad." Rubble said
"Duhh." Rocky said
"Who wouldn't, you were working hard and someone slowed your role." Everest said feeling sympathetic for chase.
"They are gonna be in bad territory." Marshall said walking away.
The others soon followed. They just assumed Marshall would be taking chases spot as second in command. He had a lot on his plate taking that role.
Chase laid down and started to doze off, regretting taking out his feeling on the pups. He started dreaming about missions, them it went to police work, then to his first day of the week.
————————————-
A week before
Chase was cruising around in his police cruiser around 9:30-ish. He gets off his shift in 3 minuets when he heard noises from his cruiser radio.
"Dispatch 4-1 we need backup for a possible homicide on green AVE and wallstreet, the green burrow apartment complex." A voice said
"4-1 heading over." Chase responded with a sigh.
"This could take awhile." He thought to himself before turning around to head towards the sketchy area.
He dialed in a number.
"Hello... chase?" Ryder said into the speaker.
"Yeah, Ryder I'm gonna be home later this morning." Chase informed.
"What is it?" Ryder asked
"Possible homicide." Chase said
"Okay, I'll inform tracker and Everest. The pups too. You'll have to catch up with them later." Ryder said
"Okay, Goodnight, tell 'em I said goodnight to also." Chase said turning on his sirens
"Okay, see ya later." Ryder said hanging up
He arrived at the complex and there were many cops and bloodhounds in the area.
Chase was trained in sniffing but he wasn't as good as bloodhounds. He does had above average sniffing.
Chase met up with the man in charge. A tall African American man.
"Sir!" Chase said like he was in the army.
Chase and his class were taught more like army soldiers than officers. He did get Police training but his chief was a retired drill sergeant who didn't wanna leave the U.S unhandled so he became a police officer to try his best to still serve. Truly a patriotic man.
"We have a Crime scene DONT touch anything you see, put on gloves and go find clue or join the bloodhounds. Actually question the locals if they have seen anything suspicious lately. We need the most help and info we can get. They might not answer because they might start not answering because it's gets late. So knock louder." He said handing chase a clipboard.
Chase sighed and he hesitantly took the piece of wood.
"Yessir!" Chase said getting started on the floor above.
He eyed the length of one hallway and realized there were 3 long hallways on 5 stories. Tonight was gonna be an extremely long night for the young German Shepard.
———————
Chase finished the last door. Some times spending 12-17 minutes in a door that nobody owned.
He heard some odd comments about the appearance of some people. To eyepatches to drunk alcoholics walking around naked. The whole shibang.
He stumbled and tripped down the stairs as he struggled to keep his eyes open. There were only 12 police officers on the site currently. The others had gone to sleep presumably.
"Sir, I'm done." Chase mumbled as he handed him multiple papers of pure notes and sweat.
"Good job, Go home and rest, I think crime rates will increase this time of year. A gang moves in for a little bit and this could be our chance to stop 'em." He said saluting chase
Chase raised his paw half way before stumbling to his cruiser.
He sloshed his paw around trying to find the key hole.
Chase started the engine and started to drive as if he was buzzed out. He left tire marks and swerved in both lanes. Luckily there weren't any cars this time of morning. In this part of town at least.
He looked around and realized this wasn't gonna work so he parked next to a gas station and looked at his clock.
"8:12?!?" He said to himself before the weight of his eyes took a toll and they collapsed.
That's how his week was. Working after hours to help clean up tons of graffiti or helping out in multiple crime scenes getting info. Staying up late trying to help out as much as he can.
*knock knock knock*
Chase snapped his head up tiredly and saw Ryder and Marshall smiling at him.
"Chase, Marshall is gonna drive your cruiser home, you're coming with me." Ryder said picking chase up.
Chase slurred his words
"What tieee is it."
"11:35" Marshall said starting chases car.
Ryder put chase in the back seat and he instantly fell asleep due to his extra space and comfortability.
———-
Chase had enough energy to walk into the lookout and finally meet tracker and Everest.
"Hey guys!" Chase said
"Chase!" Everest said getting the most excited.
"Finally your awake, It's 6!" Rocky exclaimed.
Chase despised the eco pup but didn't show it.
Not because of his smarts but due to something else.
(You'll find out later!")
"I-"
Chatter started pouring out of chases walkie-talkie cutting chase off.
"Looks like I have to go, chat later he said running up stairs leaving the pups.
When he came back down he showed his white teeth and his police uniform.
"How do I look?" Chase asked
"Nice." Rubble and rocky said
"Ready for work." Marshall said
"Thanks." He sighed hoping for an answer from Skye who sat next to rocky. He dashed out the door.
Chase hopped into his cruiser hoping for a normal day, which doesn't come often.
He turned on his sirens and drove off.
—————————————————
Remember when I said (you'll find out why!)

You'll find out why next chapter. I'm pretty sure you can guess what happens with the 3 pups. It's a pretty cliche thing so... Try not to spoil it for yourself.