Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

"If you're in Zayn's group! Please come with me, we have some questions we want to ask! We have a thirty minute interview filming session before you all can go off to your secret location!" Miranda called out across the room.

Almost in sync, every girl going with Zayn started checking themselves out and making sure they looked okay. Even Trinity. 

Instead of going along with that, I forced myself off the couch and entered the small room that Miranda ushered me into. She positioned the four of us on the chairs, being all business. 

Ten minutes of complete boredom for me and we were ready to go. The interviewer cleared her throat and rehearsed a few questions to herself. 

"And rolling." 

"Hello, girls! How are you all doing?" The lady, who had a smile plastered across her lips, squeaked. She almost looked robotic.

A chorus of 'good' rippled down the line, while I kept my mouth firmly shut.

"Are you all excited about heading out today with Zayn?"

"Oh, yes! Definitely!" Lana spoke the loudest. "From the clue we all got, it looks like it'll be competitive! I'm so excited!"

No duh, Lana. It said 'How about a little competition?' I mean, why would that make you think it's competitive. What a crazy assumption.

"That's great. What's been each of your favorite memories here, so far?"

"Definitely getting to meet the boys! I mean, I've spent so much time watching interviews of them or music videos, and now they're right there! It's a dream come true," Crystal announced, since she was the first in the line of chairs.

"I agree with Crystal! It's been an amazing time eating with them and going places with them!" Lana piped up.

Trinity smiled before speaking, "The girls I've met. I've grown quite close to them. I've also loved getting to know the boys personally. They're real people, which I think some fans forget sometimes."

"The food. It's brilliant. Marie is the best caterer of all time." I stated without second thought. Trinity tried to cover up a snort of laughter, but I kept my face normal. 

"Ah, yes. Al. From what I've heard you've been the most nonchalant about this entire thing! Is it just for attention? I mean, you act like you don't care which gets quite a bit of reaction from the boys.." The interview trailed off, her eyes trained on my facial expressions.

I simply raised an eyebrow. "I can one hundred percent say honestly, I'm not looking for attention. If I was looking attention, I'd have different ways of going about that. But I don't. I was perfectly happy at home, playing Fifa and going to school."