Alternate Ending ~ Liam

Alternate Ending

~ Liam ~

My eyes narrowed at the shorthaired boy in front of me. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I hate you."

"No, you love me otherwise you wouldn't be doing this." His response was said with an amused smile, the left side of his mouth twitching.

"I'm doing this because Harry and Niall made a bet about me actually doing it, Nick dared me to do it, and then you almost didn't ask you because you expected the answer to be no. I'm not doing this for you, I would not do this for you. I'm doing it because so many people said they didn't think I'd do it." I retorted as I slid into the back of the town car, Liam not even bothering to hide the laughter shaking through his body. 

Truth of the matter was, I kind of was doing it for Liam. He'd gotten used to the fact that I didn't wear dresses, so he was extremely hesitant to ask me to go to the Brit awards with him. Borderline adorable when he fidgeted with his fingers as he informed me of One Direction's nomination and how he wanted me to be his 'date'. Two years of dating and he still got nervous when he thought he was asking me to do a lot. But to no one, except maybe Trinity (The girl knew more about me than my mom), would ever learn about the fact that it actually made me happy when he was happy.

"Well, you look absolutely stunning," he complimented as I struggled to get the simple black gown into the car without ripping it. It's a freaking difficult task.

"The whole 'beauty is pain' thing is scarily accurate, when Lou was doing my hair I felt like she had let a bunch of little kids attack it with their fingers…" I grumbled as I finally accomplished getting my entire body beside Liam.

He leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek, eyes twinkling in delight. "Maybe that's the new thing?" He offered.

"Shut up," I slapped his knee lightly. "By the way, you owe me a piggyback. That's the deal I'm making. I put a dress on, I got my hair done and I even let Lou put on makeup. I get a piggyback."

"No heels, though. I'm not sure if a piggyback is allowed without the whole package." Liam shrugged as he peered down to look at my sneaker clad feet.

"Hon, you know that if I wore heels, I'd end up breaking my ankles and then falling on top of you and probably breaking a few of your limbs. Then your manager would be all mad at me, especially with that tour coming up. The sneakers are for everyone's happiness, not just my own." I informed, saying it like it was complete fact. 

"My girlfriend is so sweet, thinking about the safety of others. Man, how did I get so lucky?" Liam mocked amazement.

Truth was, it'd taken a lot of work for Liam to convince me to go out with him. Sometime about six months after the show ended and I resolved to my life as a senior, Liam called me. His exact words were 'Hey, how are you? We haven't talked in forever. By the way, I'm pretty positive I'm in love with you. So how's the weather in Seattle?' I thought it was a prank, but then we talked. We talked for four hours. On a school night. Yeah, it wasn't really a great idea. But somewhere along the line, all the conversations we had, the inside jokes, the amount of trust I had in him. It kind of hit me like a brick. I realized that I actually wanted a happily ever after.