Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

The next two minutes were awkward, as this Niall kid tried to make conversation with me. I seriously had no idea what to say to him, he wasn't like the usual boys I hung out with. He seemed nice enough, I just didn't know how to get along with a popstar; wasn't there rules on how you could act around a celebrity? So I just kind of ignored everything he said while flitting my eyes around a lot. Eventually he gave up with a sigh and walked towards The Fakes. Almost immediately, Andie slid into the now open seat beside me.

"He was totally into you," she stated. Apparently getting introduced and talking for a few minutes makes it okay to throw yourself into other peoples' love lives. Seriously, I hadn't even know this Andie girl a whole day and she was telling me he 'was totally into me'. The girls back home would have already gotten a good smack to the head had they said that. 

"Yeah, right," I rolled my eyes. "Do you know when we get to eat?"

"We're supposed to be doing an introduction soon, after that we have the buffet." Trinity appeared beside me, her eyes were glued to the boy with the high hair.

"I just really want food right now." I sighed, watching as a OTTF practically fainted when the guy with curly hair messed with the brown locks. 

"Alright, girls, please line yourself up over there on those stairs." Miranda clapped her hands together and motioned towards the stairs. I slowly made my way over there, where a girl was setting us all up in a certain order. I found myself by two Fakes and I closed my eyes and prayed for God to watch over me. I didn't want to be on the ten o'clock news for murdering two blonde barbies. It took a few more minutes of scrambling about, but finally we were in the correct order they wanted us to be in. 

I just really wanted to eat.

"We're going to have each of you introduce yourselves, say your age and where you're from." Miranda instructed as the camera people set everything up. Fifteen minutes and we were ready to start. We all stood in two lines, I was towards the middle in the front line. The five boys from One Direction were on the other side, shuffling their feet and occasionally whispering things to each other.

I noticed the boy wearing stripes lean over to the curly haired kid and point to one of the large chested girls. I almost laughed, guess they really were typical boys. Eventually we started with the first girl in the front row. I kind of tuned out, staring at the carpet. It was an intricate pattern, blue and grey swirls. They were quite entertaining. I realized the girl next to me was finishing up talking and I realized it was my own turn to introduce myself.

"I'm Al, 17 from Seattle." I said in a monotone, looking at the boys. This was totally the best moment of my life. Catch the sarcasm there? Niall grinned at me and I looked away. I let myself tune out again as the other girls introduced themselves. It didn't take as long as I thought it would for all thirty five girls to say their name, soon Miranda was calling out instructions for dinner. My ears immediately perked up at the mention of food. 

"Go ahead and get in line after the boys get theirs. We'll be walking about, the boys will each pick a girl to talk to while filming." Miranda rambled on, but all I heard was 'Get in line.'